Frankenstein or reverse roll ???

i dont do full windshields but i reverse roll the hell out of those back glasses.  i get cleaner installs reverse rolling.  i like the reverse so much, i even reverse roll flat back glasses on pickups.  however when doing hatchbacks like rogue, terrain ect, i will frankie those.

4 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Is it easier to frankie a winshield than a bg??  Also, do you drap it over your head to carry it in?? 

I’d say windshields are harder to Frankie than back glasses, most of the time. On a back glass you can generally be in the middle of the window, so the reach is the same on both sides. Windshield’s can be a pretty far stretch to the opposite side you come in on. All it takes is one little stuck spot and you’ll get little kinks or handling creases. 

1 hour ago, drtint said:

I have short arms which makes a big difference and I reverse roll windshields and certain back glass from the bottom up as to side to side.

Ive always wondered if that could be done.  Anyone ever do that method where you roll it up from sides to center and unroll it from the middle of the glass? Theres a name for it, just cant remember it. 

Just now, pbalentine said:

Ive always wondered if that could be done.  Anyone ever do that method where you roll it up from sides to center and unroll it from the middle of the glass? Theres a name for it, just cant remember it. 

Scroll roll, I tried it a few times I'm sure someone can do it clean but I couldn't ever get it. There's just too much room for error imo.