Frankenstein or reverse roll ???

1 hour ago, Ryker said:

I've been reverse rolling or "scroll" rolling for most of my 19 years in business.  I promise you that my installs are clean or at least as clean as the vehicle itself is!  I wouldn't dream of going back and doing a Frankenstein install on most cars.   I even reverse roll truck back windows if I actually cut them on the outside.  I cut close to size and "flat glass" most of them today though unless they don't have frit edges.

:yeah I have to reverse roll the vast majority of mine, too big of a guy to frankie film cleanly into most vehicles. 

2 hours ago, Ryker said:

I've been reverse rolling or "scroll" rolling for most of my 19 years in business.  I promise you that my installs are clean or at least as clean as the vehicle itself is!  I wouldn't dream of going back and doing a Frankenstein install on most cars.   I even reverse roll truck back windows if I actually cut them on the outside.  I cut close to size and "flat glass" most of them today though unless they don't have frit edges.

How do you get them clean extra slip???

Reverse roll is the cleanest way but only if the car is clean and exterior glass that is shape is super clean.  I can never get it right so I Frankenstein even on big glass. I do it a different way.  I will fold on my peel board on big glass and work perfect.  I also go another technique that alway work and that is peel the liner and spray and put it back on the film then I will come in to install it and pull the liner out with inside the car.

BG is Frankie. Windshield is reverse roll every tine. I used to get install marks if I tried to Frankie a windshield, and almost always right in the drivers line of sight. Now that I reverse roll that never happens. I always tuck a rope on the bottom of the dash to soak/stop excess water. Spray and wipe entire dashboard. Spray and wipe entire a-pillar trim unless it’s easily removed(if so I remove it). Standard prep. Wipe down once on each side with paper towel. Wipe dash again. Final squeegee. They come out satisfactory for me, and as a shop owner I HAVE to be my staunchest critic. 

2 hours ago, quality tintz said:

How do you get them clean extra slip???

I definitely use a decent amount of slip. Good technique is key just like all tinting.   Hit the mark you want and don't hit anything else.  The final few inches is the hardest to figure out how to get the liner off without pinching, creasing, or getting contamination. 

Hmm let's be real Frankie is easier but the reverse is a def like an extra tool in the tool belt. Also imo any experienced tinter shouldn't get debris on the reverse.

We Frankenstein, but like [mention=43285]Super Dave[/mention] said it will be hard on a large window.  I am sure plenty of people have mastered the reverse roll method for cars.  However, out of the 3 experienced tinters that I saw use it, there was a lot of debris in the install.

12 hours ago, Ryker said:

I definitely use a decent amount of slip. Good technique is key just like all tinting.   Hit the mark you want and don't hit anything else.  The final few inches is the hardest to figure out how to get the liner off without pinching, creasing, or getting contamination. 

Ryker, I swear you helped me with that years ago. I found out it was because i was bunching it up in my hand. Just had to grab with my fingers tips and pull it.  I do reverse roll everything and found that you get fontamination by starting the roll in the side edge, pullong it away then back. I start my roll about an inch away from side edge.  Also, once you roll out the last portion, dont let the roll touch the glass or let the liner hit when you pull it. Too much water can make it fall easily, especially on windshields. 

Edited by pbalentine
Spelling