Anyone with plans to get out of tinting?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the introduction of pre-tinted factory auto glass, and the growing rumor of solar rejecting glass becoming the norm in new vehicles, there will be a squeezing of the auto tinting industry I believe, and I can see many tinters jumping on the FG train. I can only see that leading the Flat Glass Tinting industry to become more cut throat in the years to come. Only the tinting businesses with energy efficiency knowledge, connections with suppliers and certifications will have access to the larger commercial work, and the small guys will likely need to scrap it out for what is left. So I guess the Gravy train my have an end date... Anyone who has been in the industry will know that they were charging more for tinting a car 15 years ago then what is on offer today.

Only the installers themselves sticking together can change the forcast...

Sorry for the Doom and gloom guys, Just my predictions.

If you've already got an established business and you're worried about your body, why not hire someone who can tint and have them do the work? Pay 35% and barely do anything as far as physical labor goes.

Yea...and compete against them in 6 months when they open up next door

If you've already got an established business and you're worried about your body, why not hire someone who can tint and have them do the work? Pay 35% and barely do anything as far as physical labor goes.

If I had a $1 for everytime I heard that comment :nope

entering my 29th year in auto fill time . Body is detinatly changing . Suucks . The quality is still there , but I do have a bit if lack if drive . Not sure how to word it , but still enjoy it.

I do have a back up though in the holistic health business : thumb

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on that PJ. I know plenty of guys well into their sixties that are still slinging film.

You should try out roofing for about a week. Then you would be glad to come back to your bay and tint some windows.

or laying cement block

Archived