Anyone with plans to get out of tinting?

tw, you will have to tell us more about your holistic health business, because my first thought was that you were growing some kick ass weed...lol, which is profitable, I have heard :)

Where did you get an idea like that? :lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped tinting cars all together about a year ago.

With a good employee doing my water leak repair, it has freed me up to concentrate on upholstery.

I now have 3 sewing machines and keep 2 of them busy every day, with the help of a part time trimmer.

Boats are a very large part of life here and they all need canvas or seat work from time to time.

I will jump on the occasional FG job, if the price is right. As for cars.... I'll leave that to the pros... :lol

imo,tinting biz is easy,fun,relaxing,easy money biz..sure we all hate to put in 12+ hr days but think about it....most top paying jobs dont take home what you can take home in a day or two..imma ride this thing out! hahhaha..

I've made $ tinting,took that $ and turned it into more $$$..I still work hard and have alittle $ comming in from investments..start small,slow..it will turn out big..

trick is,dont focus on letting $$ make you happy..find happiness within..$$ just gives you few more options in life...its not what life and living is all about

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on that PJ. I know plenty of guys well into their sixties that are still slinging film.

You should try out roofing for about a week. Then you would be glad to come back to your bay and tint some windows.

or laying cement block

Or moving avg of 800 packages per hour every day for 26 yrs.......

I don't want to do real estate, I was just using that as an example of a biz after tinting.

Im just really frustrated from not making what I want in auto tinting. I just can't compete with these low ballers anymore, its just really too hard to stand out. I've been fighting hard for sales, but in the end they just wan that cheap price. I would have to drop my prices by $40 to compete with these guys and I won't. I don't just want to make a living with tinting, I want to make a descent profit.

Also, I can't stand mobile tinting anymore. I get annoyed if anyone even talks to me and its making me not like tinting anymore. Hell, last week someones 4 year old pointed a BB gun point blank range at my face. I really don't want to quit tinting, I may just take a break and come back with a shop to work in.

Look at picking up a cheaper tint for the low ballers I found a film that I can drop my price $ 30 and still make the same profit and the low ballers can get what they pay for just as they would get if they go else where It does get fustrating but a lot of people just want cheap thats why their are so many Dollar Stores

maybe if you did flat glass all day everyday then maybe you might feel a bit sore after the first week. window tinting is hardly real manual labor. I suppose theres too many younger folks who just want to sit at a computer all day and get paid the big bucks.

We do FG every day. And yes it is harder on your body than auto. Up and down ladders all day gets old, hanging Sec film is like doing push ups all day. Not to mention loading and un loading all the gear every day and driving 1000 mi a week. It is all a grind.

Archived