XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

Nope. That is where you are wrong bud. Matrix Films has 2 owners. Protective Solutions has 1 owner who has been around since the Ventudreshield days. And they install 3 different brands. 2 of them are not ours which wouldn't make sense if we the manufacturer owned the company. Like I said, do your homework bud. your first  3-4 posts have not exactly been the most productive ones for being a newbie on this forum. If you have something productive to add, than stick to that. Otherwise, most of the people on this forum see right through what you have to say. good luck. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incorrect again...

I googled Matrix Films Holliston, the second paragraph validates my original comments.

Either way, very solid installation company but...slow down on the BS.

Have fun in your quest to become manufacturer, distributor and an installation company. :facepalm2

You are too funny man. Actually read what it says. Its a tag from their website so they get more hits to their page. Click on it and see where it takes you bud. It's pictures of their installs with tags all the way down at the bottom listing our company, brand of product we make, and other things that someone would research on google so they would come up faster which it looks like it did. Sounds like they did a good job embedding key words so their SEO is greater. Do you know what SEO is? :thumb Read all of the things they put in the tag. Again, you are going nowhere with the info you have found. No BS here. Good luck though. 

Well getting back to Xpel.... I talked to another installer in the DFW (who I consider a friend) area yesterday regarding a client of mine. During the conversation he tells me how Xpel screwed him on an account he was about to land. Evidently my friend contacted Xpel about sending a sales rep up to help him close the account. We will just say this sales rep is named Eric so that the story is easier to follow. The dealership wanted to speak to the film manufacturer before switching to a new installer. My friend was told by "Eric" that "he was their guy" and that they would be up there on a particular day to help him close the account. Well Xpel then turned around and went to that dealership the day before with their installer (whom they have hired in this area to start preparing to open a Dallas installation shop) and took the account without letting my friend know. My friend went in the day he was supposed to and was told the account was given to this other installer due to "Eric" pushing their guy. I don't want to list names but I know exactly who he spoke to at Xpel.  My friend heavily promoted Xpel locally and was very loyal to them. They screwed him and took an account from him which he had worked extensively on getting. He has now switched over to Suntek and will not have anything to do with Xpel. I don't blame him. He was also given the same BS that they all say over and over on here about there being a bigger pie for everyone to share blah blah blah and that they are trying to help everyone out. Bottom line is they stabbed him in the back to get business  for themselves all while telling him he was their guy.

We played phone tag a little today. But why not just go ahead and post it here so its in black and white? I have called and spoke with Xpel before regarding shops opening up and I was told one thing only to be told later that I was never told that. Lets get it all in writing so there is no confusion and everyone can see. The other installer is not on this forum but I am sure he will be happy to join to give his side. I just repeated what he told me... and he is a great guy who I believe. Obviously there are a lot of people unhappy with what you guys are doing now. So maybe its good to put it in writing so there is not paly on words or confusion on what is said.

Eric isn't set up on tintdude (and frankly, is too busy with business development for forums) but I think it is important that you get the whole story from the horse's mouth.  I know he called you again this morning, so hopefully you guys can connect before he heads out tomorrow to work a show this weekend to generate leads for our customers.  

You'd be surprised how happy our customers are with us.  They tell us all the time.  In fact, here's an e-mail I was copied on this weekend:

16279317922_6135c66c96.jpgCapture by pjp98z, on Flickr

I can also tell you that I personally worked a show this last weekend and generated dozens of leads for customers, and that a crew of us will be at one show for 4-5 days next week doing the same, while another crew will be working along other installers at a different show at the same time.  And that's just events over a couple weeks' in the winter.  That doesn't even com e close to factoring in all of the other channels.

Film preferences aside, no film manufacturer does more to generate business for their customers than XPEL.

Jeff that's fine and dandy for Xpel. But I know the installer I spoke about was completely sold on your film and was very loyal to you. If it was his lead... as he says it was... and you were supposed to help him close it, why is Houston doing it now? Why wasn't Chris brought in on it since he contacted you for help? I know you have told me in the past that you have no intentions of opening a shop in Dallas... but I have heard that before in regards to the Austin and Houston locations. From what I understand there is an installer here names Houston is working for you guys now and he got the account. Really bad optics. If I am wrong then post it here. Sorry I have been told things over the phone before only to have a different story come out later. That's why all of this should be posted here. That way there is no confusion. I will say something had to have happened to Chris to have changed over to Suntek so quickly.

Not sure if you noticed but I am not the only one bringing up issues with you guys.

Archived