XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

What he said  :yeah

This is no different than Joe Smo moving into your area offering PPF carrying the XPEL brand.  If a new business opens up down the road offering PPF then so what, who cares.  You don't carry the XPEL brand so stop complaining.  You carry another brand and now your all hot and bothered because XPEL Technologies shows up down the road in an area where XPEL PPF isn't saturated or being carried by installers.  Again, you carry another brand.  So what if XPEL comes in or not....if your so worried about them why didn't you carry there film in the 1st place?  XPEL has every right to go where they please and there doing just that in the areas that aren't saturated with the XPEL brand.  It's called growing there business just like any other business wants to grow.  There are areas where maybe only one uses XPEL there consistently (maybe 1 person, maybe ZERO) and the ones that don't use XPEL are ticked off.  XPEL is a power-house in this industry, they are well known, and moving into certain areas is not a bad thing for them, nor for you.  It's a good thing to get product awareness out there and that's exactly what they are doing, providing product awareness.  All my customer's ask, "DO YOU HAVE XPEL".   What if it was just another installer experienced or not?  You'd probably shake it off and not worry to much about it. But...since it's XPEL you feel threatened and your all torqued off.

Some people on here are ticked off, they dont carry the XPEL brand, they have a business that is really established, and they aren't even worried about gaining more business because they cant handle anymore than what they have (they personally told me they cant handle anymore, and they don't want anymore).  Yet, there still complaining about this....I don't get it.  If you cant handle more work then what the heck are you complaining about?  Times certainly cant be tough if this is the case.  If your threatened and worried that XPEL is going to take accounts away from you, then switch films and carry XPEL...it's a good film thats in high demand so install it....instead of using the 6mil PPF that's easier to lay down because it's thinner....ADAPT.  Instead of using the PPF that doesn't self-heal...ADAPT.  Instead of using the current brand because it's cheaper or whatever....ADAPT and switch.  Watch the support that comes in from the XPEL team after you do this.  Even if you choose to still not carry XPEL (which is your decision), awareness is there more so then before and you'll see your business grow because of this.

I have an understanding of what XPEL is doing because it was explained to me kindly, professionally, and out of respect when they did not have to explain anything to me at all.  And I think it's a great idea.

~A

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is no different than Joe Smo moving into your area.

Joe Smo doesn't have your DAP history from day one and know which models you cut on a regular basis.  Most folks that are upset are worried Xpel will use this information to target their accounts instead of use that data to determine which automotive lines are not on board with PPF in a given area.

So can I ask Jeff, is Parasol going to be the only avenue to access Xpel film in the coming future here in Canada? or will other distributors still be supplied. And I hope you know who I'm talking about.

No clue.  Our international business is a separate department that operates completely different than my domestic side of the biz.  This is the first time we've purchased a true distribution business, so I don't really have a past track record to base assumptions on either.

Be careful what you wish for...to borrow money interest free or not for a distributor which handled every film on the planet is a mask to have all competitive films lifted out of each franchise location. For a simple transaction or agreement such as this one...I don't see the value as much as I see controlling the market. What happened to Shadow Shield XPEL's former Company?

For those that are commenting above about other companies coming into your market...saying what's the big deal...well think about it and put the pencil, paper and calculator on the table and tell us what you see?

Do you see a discrepancy? If not, here is some reality...if your material costs is 50% less and your labor is 50-75% less wouldn't you be at a disadvantage as installer?

Hummmmmm

What we are saying is that people are jumping on this thread making uneducated 'I heard this from someone' or reading an article and turning it to a negative with no facts. Basically looking for anything that they can complain or make accusations about.

so where is your proof that their material cost is 50% less, I remember when the trainer was in Australia training and was talking about the Xpel facility he comes from in the states. He advised that they pay the exact same for material as everyone else does. There was nothing for him to gain from telling us that in a Country thousands of miles away. 50-75% less labour? what are they hiring children or something? Again people rattling off uneducated facts or not adapting your business by thinking you can still charge 25-50% more for labour in a market that is becoming more competitive and somewhat flooded which naturally drives down labour costs. I have also said that if this is happening to a few areas then it sucks but there is only a couple of facts in here that people have been able to back up, the rest is pure BS.

I have clearly said that some people seem to have valid issues but then there are those that seem to be clutching onto whatever they can. Don't sit there and have the hide to give us some sort of 'reality' and tell us to get out a calculator when you yourself just sat there and just plucked some meaningless figures to base your bashing and 'reality' over :crazy

hummmm

How about this thread gets back to a meaningful conversation like it started out on page 1 rather then another 7 pages of babble, funny to read sure, but meaningless.....

Looks like XPEL made a power play in Canada.

Buying Parasol of Canada which had 79 installation facilities / franchises.

Buckle your seat belts boys and girls.

And what is the negative to this?

Nothing for you, yet. But it does fall in line with what this thread was about. Xpel is expanding out into the installation business instead of just manufacturing film. So you can bet no matter what they say they will expand installation into every market they can and yet that will take business away from the installers already there promoting Xpel products. Pretty simple to understand.

What is pretty simple to understand is this is a bashing thread often with people jumping to conclusions. Sounds like some people have some relevant issues and it sounds like some people are finding anything they can to unload about. You now install Suntek so smile and keep doing what you are doing.

Do not tell me what I can and cannot do. Thank you. Second if you know the history of this you would know there has been a LOT of lying coming out of Xpel. I have been personally told one thing on the phone only to see something else happen. And when I called him out on it I was given a BS answer that I would expect a politician to say. So no I am not looking at bashing. I am in here to see that these situations that are happening here (not in Australia where you are the Xpel fanboy) is brought into the open and is discussed in the open in writing. Period. Notice Xpel avoids a lot of the points and will not post them here for everyone to see. I wonder why??? I get PMs and phone calls all of the time yet nothing in writing for everyone to see. So if anything you enjoy your little isolate market in Oz and let us discuss the issues that affect us.

Oh and if you believe Xpel pays the for THEIR film the same price that independent installers do than you are an idiot. Surely you cant be that gullible. Maybe you need a little more experience in the industry (since you just started less than a year ago) I have been doing this for almost 13 years now so I have a little better grasp on it as I have seen a lot of poor business practices. And since you seem to want to refer back to page one you will see the same issues are being talked about. Xpel opening installations shops in markets that already had Xpel installers. Again something that doesn't affect you, yet.

What he said  :yeah

This is no different than Joe Smo moving into your area offering PPF carrying the XPEL brand.  If a new business opens up down the road offering PPF then so what, who cares.  You don't carry the XPEL brand so stop complaining.  You carry another brand and now your all hot and bothered because XPEL Technologies shows up down the road in an area where XPEL PPF isn't saturated or being carried by installers.  Again, you carry another brand.  So what if XPEL comes in or not....if your so worried about them why didn't you carry there film in the 1st place?  XPEL has every right to go where they please and there doing just that in the areas that aren't saturated with the XPEL brand.  It's called growing there business just like any other business wants to grow.  There are areas where maybe only one uses XPEL there consistently (maybe 1 person, maybe ZERO) and the ones that don't use XPEL are ticked off.  XPEL is a power-house in this industry, they are well known, and moving into certain areas is not a bad thing for them, nor for you.  It's a good thing to get product awareness out there and that's exactly what they are doing, providing product awareness.  All my customer's ask, "DO YOU HAVE XPEL".   What if it was just another installer experienced or not?  You'd probably shake it off and not worry to much about it. But...since it's XPEL you feel threatened and your all torqued off.

Some people on here are ticked off, they dont carry the XPEL brand, they have a business that is really established, and they aren't even worried about gaining more business because they cant handle anymore than what they have (they personally told me they cant handle anymore, and they don't want anymore).  Yet, there still complaining about this....I don't get it.  If you cant handle more work then what the heck are you complaining about?  Times certainly cant be tough if this is the case.  If your threatened and worried that XPEL is going to take accounts away from you, then switch films and carry XPEL...it's a good film thats in high demand so install it....instead of using the 6mil PPF that's easier to lay down because it's thinner....ADAPT.  Instead of using the PPF that doesn't self-heal...ADAPT.  Instead of using the current brand because it's cheaper or whatever....ADAPT and switch.  Watch the support that comes in from the XPEL team after you do this.  Even if you choose to still not carry XPEL (which is your decision), awareness is there more so then before and you'll see your business grow because of this.

I have an understanding of what XPEL is doing because it was explained to me kindly, professionally, and out of respect when they did not have to explain anything to me at all.  And I think it's a great idea.

~A

You missed the point. I suggest you go back to the beginning of the thread and read it instead of jumping in at the end without any idea of why it was started. I am NOT threatened by Xpel. Period. What I do not like and what I have posted numerous times (yet you fail to grasp) is very simple. I do not like any business saying one thing (which is a lie) then doing the opposite. I have been lied to directly numerous times by reps at that company. I have also talked to and seen business owners that promoted Xpel heavily in a market only to have Xpel come in and take their accounts and hurt the installers business. To me that is as shady as it gets. For me I will not promote a product of a company that has no ethics. But hey I guess I am just old fashioned and believe in taking care of my customers, friends, family and being a man of my word. I don't associate with businesses or people who don't. Again go back and read the thread.

If you want to believe everything you are told then don't be upset when things do not happen as explained. Hopefully you don't by into the hype.... that's as bad as believing everything politicians tell us.

Archived