Solar FX buyer beware.

Sorry, it wasn't that I didn't believe you. :D I don't know anything about solar fx, so maybe I'm missing something too, but this seems pretty cut and dry to me -- they won't warranty (some films?) against fading. I would assume that they receive an agreement to this in selling their product, however tacit that agreement might be..

My issue would be, why didn't the shop owner read the warranty before buying the film? I don't tint much, but I do read what the products I use cover and the warranty with each one. If I read fading isn't covered, I wouldn't buy it. But to some degree, all film fades, right? Maybe not after a few months but eventually. Unless the owner of the film company or rep stated it wouldn't fade or that it would be covered, I'd be hard pressed to see an issue?

Rich, I'm wondering why you posted on Facebook that this conversation happened on the window film professional group then was pulled by the moderators of that group? On the screen shot you say you posted on Tinters Battle. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Work with the system and let Shawn's system work. You are down in Texas where the sun shines lots.... How bad is the fade.... Slight?

It's all good

Stan

Edited by flat rock stan

Hey Showus..

I can't see how this is any fault of Shawn or SolarFX...

If the buyer needs to be aware of anything, it is to understand what the warranty does and doesn't cover.

If the warranty says that it doesn't cover fading, then it doesn't cover fading... End of story.

I can see that SolarFX (Like anyone in the market place) needs an economically priced entry level film to offer installers out there that just want cheapest price.

It's funny how the old saying seems to be a rule that shows true generation after generation... "You pay for what you get."

If something is over priced, it will eventually come down... If something is underpriced, it will always go up in price. There will always be a balance in the end, and a choice to make.

My choice is always use the best I can.. Whilst still representing value for money.

If you are not happy with what you are using, vote with your feet.

Hope all ends well.

BTW..

Not sure where the love has gone for TD on this thread?

I couldn't imagine anyone else running TintDude.

Love your work Ric :thumb

I gotta give you a hand clap on this one!

SOrry about your misfortune, but as stated above, take the time and work through the proper channels.. Alot of people have Shawns phone # and facebook name but I imagine its just like returning something at wal mart so to speak.  Go to the customer service and not the cash register although the cash register can take care of the problem... 

I also understand the thought in your head of how many cars you have tinted that could possibly be coming back... But bottom line you have a game plan to think about here.  Let SolarFX communicate back to you, meanwhile figure out what you can do that you are in control of.