Solar FX buyer beware.

The past few years there have been countless reboxers pop up. Many of them will go tits up once their comebacks start to pile up and they can't cover the warranties. I have no experience with SolarFX and no idea how they plan for warranty reimbursement to dealers. 

if I were ever to hitch my cart to a reboxers horse, I would want to see the bank acct they set aside for such warranty issues. .. 

If you are in this business for the long term......saving pennies now, will cost you dollars in the future. 

Edited by TomTint

4 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

It is definitely a one post situation and most likely will not post again.  IMO anyone reading should not take the post seriously unless the person can explain the actual situation behind the complaint since the post contains no actual facts, just hate towards a brand.

That's how I see it. By and large, people here have positive things to say. There's always going to be that one person. 

And I do have to stay neutral, especially if they are a sponsor here, it wouldn't be ethical of me to delete bad reviews.

1 hour ago, no ma'am said:

And it's not a member, just someone who got on here to bash a product and an individual and then bolt.

True. But... just like on any review site, people will have to weigh all reviews, good and bad, and make their decision. I think it's easy to see one negative review in amongst positive reviews. (Not saying that's the case here - but generally speaking) and know which way to give more weight too.  :twocents

I've used Ultra for 5 years in a hot climate with no issues and I specifically choose it because it is not an entry level film.

I don't think it is accurate to call SolarFx reboxed because it appears the film is made to their specification(s) and that would make it something else, correct?

On the other hand, my previous manufacture's film out of Las Vegas seemed to fail about two years after the reports started coming in.

1 hour ago, TintDude said:

What should I do? 

I can't only allow positive statements about a film. :dunno 

Totally agree with you and @DynamicATL on that, gotta stay neutral, don't want to turn into one of those Facebook groups we all dislike.

1 hour ago, no ma'am said:

Oh I gotcha I'm just not feeling the post as a whole. And it's not a member, just someone who got on here to bash a product and an individual and then bolt. Will he be around to come to a resolution?  @TintDude @Bham

It totally reeks of a :spam hit piece type post, but it's so blatant that I'm sure most if not all will be able to see through it. Like everyone else said, likely a one timer that will never be seen or heard from again. 

1 hour ago, Bham said:

Let's hope so.  Your girl has already asked a couple of questions, so I guess we will see.   

Hey now! You lookin for trouble too? :bat

50 minutes ago, TintDude said:

That's how I see it. By and large, people here have positive things to say. There's always going to be that one person. 

And I do have to stay neutral, especially if they are a sponsor here, it wouldn't be ethical of me to delete bad reviews.

And that's why you're the man bossman :salute

:dude

15 hours ago, Sisqouc said:

I've used Ultra for 5 years in a hot climate with no issues and I specifically choose it because it is not an entry level film.

I don't think it is accurate to call SolarFx reboxed because it appears the film is made to their specification(s) and that would make it something else, correct?

On the other hand, my previous manufacture's film out of Las Vegas seemed to fail about two years after the reports started coming in.

:yeah    I know who you are talking about.  I've said the same things this person is saying about who you are referring.  Cost me tons of money :barf  

Short story, there was not a film failure. IRFX Series Nano-Ceramic Film was installed last week 10/7/2019. He was not happy with the installation. 5% all around the vehicle on a 2005 Scion XB. Said it was a poor install. Bubbles in the film, 1 week later. Says that this is a SolarFX Warranty issue. Wants us to refund him. Told him this is not a manufacturers defect to go back to dealer. 

Edited by whitehog