Solar FX buyer beware.

sorry, a few things:

firstly your derogatory remarks towards the man who created this site.

People like you who fire up behind the keyboard then say "sorry, i had the shits" like its a good enough excuse for you to badmouth the only reason why this site is up. Forget about the little guy? too big?

because of this attitude (plus another attitude which i will touch on next) you will only ever be "a little guy"

you owe him more than your snobby apology.

Secondly, a warranty carefully describes what is covered and what is not. It is called 'Colour Stable' and is not colour stable, this may be misleading.

However, a film that fades in a few months, regardless of where you live, is garbage and should not be used. If you did not read the warranty of all things of the film you purchased, it shows you did not actually research the film, hence did not purchase it on quality.

If you didnt buy the film on quality, i wonder what you did base your purchase on. Considering all major brands have a next day delivery service, i wont put convenience on the plate.

My guess is price.

So if you bought a film at a price "too good to be true" without reading the warranty, let alone being a warranty that does not cover colour fading/degredation and now the film has faded, and you have an endless supply of these cars.....

By all means, give yourself an uppercut, live and learn, because it is your own fault.

If you are a "little guy" implying you dont have a huge amount of staff, and still are going to have an endless supply of cars coming back because you did so many,

my guess is you fall into one category.

Bought cheap film,

Charge cheap prices,

Mass Installing,

Warranty Claims,

Comebacks,

About to go south.

The same category of the people i have seen you complain about that are no good for the industry. 

If you want a quality product that will not fail quickly, then buy a product this is a quality product that will not fail quickly. 

Yes, i do believe calling a film 'Colour Stable' that isnt colour stable is a little shifty, but so is going to McDonalds and trying to buy 'Healthy Options' 

Are you writing to McDonald's to complain?

This is nobody elses fault, and i do believe Shaun is in the clear here. I know i will not be buying anything other than what i know will last.

Because thats what i want my customers to have, not this months special.

Good day.

I wanted to take a moment to respond to this post.

First, let me apologize to TD and the other members of this great forum for this to be posted here. I would also like to apologize for the parts of the conversation that was posted that showed me being unprofessional.

What you do not see is the conversation that began in another forum. This former customer wanted warranty for our Color Stable film. Since he is no longer purchasing from our company and had purchased four different series of SolarFX, as well as film from at least six other manny’s in 2014, I asked him twice to contact our Houston location for warranty service. I told him since he had purchased several series of films from us, as well as film from other manny’s, that we would need to have the removed film returned with the warranty card and copy of sales receipt to verify it was our film and our Color Stable product. Seeing that we pay film replacement and labor re-installation on our Color Stable film, we wanted the film returned for verification. The thread was deleted in that forum and it began again in another forum. Even in this conversation you can see that I asked him again to contact the Houston location for service and the rest is what unfolded.

We as a company strive to provide the best quality products at each price level we sell and offer great customer service to back our films. Am I perfect? Do we always get it right? No, but we always strive to be better, to provide an exceptional experience to build a strong partnership with our customers.

We stand behind our films and he still can contact our Houston location for warranty service, that has never changed. 

Shawn

PS. shwusyrtints, I see that you make reference in one of your posts in this thread that you are having an issue with the series of film you purchased from us? This is the first we have heard of this, if you are having an issue please contact our Kansas City office so we can remedy your situation. Call us at 800-825-3746.

:dunno What an odd duck. I have been using SolarFX Ultra in the shop for over a year and have had no issues. Seems like some little smurf drank too much silly juice.

I've been using SolarFX for a while now too. I don't know the situation of this guy but I've never had a problem with the film. I have used others but I like this film by far the best!!!

Sounds like he got his films mixed up, I've never had a problem with Solar FX or Shawn. As far as the op saying that TD doesn't care about the little guy, guy go jump off a bridge! This forum was started by the little guy is full of "the little guys" doing big guy things and we're all helping each other along the way. So next time you may need to check your attitude at the door there bud.

sorry, a few things:

firstly your derogatory remarks towards the man who created this site.

People like you who fire up behind the keyboard then say "sorry, i had the shits" like its a good enough excuse for you to badmouth the only reason why this site is up. Forget about the little guy? too big?

because of this attitude (plus another attitude which i will touch on next) you will only ever be "a little guy"

you owe him more than your snobby apology.

Secondly, a warranty carefully describes what is covered and what is not. It is called 'Colour Stable' and is not colour stable, this may be misleading.

However, a film that fades in a few months, regardless of where you live, is garbage and should not be used. If you did not read the warranty of all things of the film you purchased, it shows you did not actually research the film, hence did not purchase it on quality.

If you didnt buy the film on quality, i wonder what you did base your purchase on. Considering all major brands have a next day delivery service, i wont put convenience on the plate.

My guess is price.

So if you bought a film at a price "too good to be true" without reading the warranty, let alone being a warranty that does not cover colour fading/degredation and now the film has faded, and you have an endless supply of these cars.....

By all means, give yourself an uppercut, live and learn, because it is your own fault.

If you are a "little guy" implying you dont have a huge amount of staff, and still are going to have an endless supply of cars coming back because you did so many,

my guess is you fall into one category.

Bought cheap film,

Charge cheap prices,

Mass Installing,

Warranty Claims,

Comebacks,

About to go south.

The same category of the people i have seen you complain about that are no good for the industry.

If you want a quality product that will not fail quickly, then buy a product this is a quality product that will not fail quickly.

Yes, i do believe calling a film 'Colour Stable' that isnt colour stable is a little shifty, but so is going to McDonalds and trying to buy 'Healthy Options'

Are you writing to McDonald's to complain?

This is nobody elses fault, and i do believe Shaun is in the clear here. I know i will not be buying anything other than what i know will last.

Because thats what i want my customers to have, not this months special.

Good day.

Spot on 35