Solar FX buyer beware.

43 minutes ago, whitehog said:

Short story, there was not a film failure. IRFX Series Film was installed last week 10/7/2019. He was not happy with the installation. 5% all around the vehicle on a 2005 Scion XB. Said it was a poor install. Bubbles in the film, 1 week later. Says that this is a SolarFX Warranty issue. Wants us to refund him. Told him this is not a manufacturers defect to go back to dealer. 

It makes more sense now since his post was all over the place.  Also, not your fault if the shop sold him IRX as a Ceramic film.  I see shops promote non-Ceramic films all the time as Ceramic.

5 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

It makes more sense now since his post was all over the place.  Also, not your fault if the shop sold him IRX as a Ceramic film.  I see shops promote non-Ceramic films all the time as Ceramic.

Actually the IRFX is a nano-ceramic film. We just call it IR film to not confuse the FXtreme2.

I put the cheapest film SolarFX sells on my beater pickup truck to check it out about 4 years ago and it's a 5 year warranty film (so i installed it around same time as original poster), it's sits in direct sunlight all day long. Classic Series black nr 1-ply. Zero fade or change of color, when i roll the window down to see the hidden top edge there's no difference from the direct sunlight portion below. I'd hate to be the person to have to remove this film someday, zero signs of glue failure. 

It's actually a really nice looking film, still super clear and it looks better than a lot of 2 ply. I recommend it if you're into a 1 ply that lasts. My 2 cents on it

17 hours ago, Diablo's Tint said:

How do they "design" their films? 

Shawn has been in the plastics game since 8tracks.  :oldman     He built the SolarFx brand name and designed the color for CarbonFx personally, or at least was directly involved with it,,,, if I am not mistaken.  

Have you ever seen the color of the CarbonFx line?  I have never seen another film directly available to us that is close to that color of film, in my opinion. Of course.  I haven't seen all of them out there, but it definitely unique. :twocents  

Edited by Bham

Like 3M it appears SolarFx specifies how much UV inhibitors to put in and where to put them as well as choosing to use weather-able polyester and opting for deep dye rather than cheaper methods.

Re-boxers, it is my understanding, take for example Korean Film, and merely design a corporate identity system (logos and colors) to literally re-box an existing product.

So to my way of thinking, those who call what SolarFx is doing re-boxing are not accurately describing what they have created by taking a hands on approach to combining existing sub-components into a product not sold elsewhere. The CarbonFx would be an example.

It is similar to the automotive lighting industry.  Some people just design a box and slap in a product that 100 other people are selling under their brand.  Others, like us with our brand, has taken an existing product and made many modifications to the internals, LED chips, position, etc.  So even though they can come from the same manufacturer, it is a very different product built to last longer and perform better.