Ford Rear View Mirror removal tool

Guest tankster

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest uameken

took it off, bent the tabs slightly, re-installed, as good or better than factory! it's easy.. .not sure why everyone is so scared to do it.....

took it off, bent the tabs slightly, re-installed, as good or better than factory! it's easy.. .not sure why everyone is so scared to do it.....

Can't speak for everyone but it's a risk vs reward thing for me. The risk of breaking a W/S (Cost as well as inconvenience for my customer) is too great for the small change I make off a visor strip. Plus I hate doing visor strips and it's a good reason not to do one. :lol

I will happily send them down the road to my glass guy, who is much more comfortable removing them AND has a much better price point on buying replacement windshields. :whisper He's had them pull chunks of glass as well.... :dunno

I hate doing visor strips and it's a good reason not to do one. :lol

exactly!!!   :lol

IMAGE_309.jpg

I have made adjustments to this tool because the new 2014 250 dash is higher, I cut this tool in half to clear the dash. I also had to cut the top corner off, to shape it like the sensor and have clearance. 

Guest uameken

Jeff,

are you removing the mirror by compressing the clip at the bottom and sliding the mirror up and the abs is used under where your tool is pivoting off the glass to distribute the force on the glass?  Do you have any pics actually doing this on a mirror??

Archived