competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

Guest vclimber
Do all you nieve f***cks actually believe this crap? I dont care if they sign it in blood, the manu. is not going to hand over a primo job to "you".

Naive? I appreciate your view of us... who do you buy film from?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
I want to drop in and show I'm not ignoring this thread, I was upfront that I got hired into BSF and am very proud of it. That being said, as an employee with less than 2 months experience with the company I am not in a position, nor do I have the permission to be making statements on behalf of BSF on here.

:thumb

I hope you guys can appreciate that, I'm the green horn and very passionate about this industry but I cannot hop on here and make posts in a thread representing BSF for this subject and I shouldnt.

:rock I can understand your position Fiveo. Why don't you ask someone higher up to come over and make a statement? I asked Christophe Fremont in a blog about a month or two ago and never got a response. That article has seen over 2000 hits, I have to believe someone from BSF to a look at it. Why the silence?

Guest teamfutaba

who do the geo dealers in florida by from. the sales info he left says no job too far, they go from the keys to canada. ill double check today. if thats true then fl geo dealers aint the only dealers competing with this guy. ive done some turn key jobs for the manu's over the years but not lately.

I want to drop in and show I'm not ignoring this thread, I was upfront that I got hired into BSF and am very proud of it. That being said, as an employee with less than 2 months experience with the company I am not in a position, nor do I have the permission to be making statements on behalf of BSF on here.

:drevil

I hope you guys can appreciate that, I'm the green horn and very passionate about this industry but I cannot hop on here and make posts in a thread representing BSF for this subject and I shouldnt.

I can understand your position, FiveO. I am sure that your job could be on the line if you posted anything here. I have been told by other reps that theirompanies have a steadfast rule that no one is to post on this or any other site. The truth is, no matter what any rep posts, if someone has an agenda, any and all representatives post would be attacked to the end. I can believe this is why they have the policy of hands off. I spoke to your guys here a few weeks back and it seems they are hitting the ground running..................Good Luck in your venture!!!!

Guest Texstar
What about some of you other company reps that cruise through here....? We know who most of you are so why not take the opportunity to do some PR.

Burns, what is Geoshield doing? Do your reps bid commercial jobs that your dealers are bidding on?

Five O, you are BSF what does your company do?

Aegiespres, dare I ask... You guys bidding on commercial projects?

valueTint.com what's your polciy?

Anyone from 3M want to enlighten us?

Madico? Anyone have anything to say?

Johnson? Come on Scott let us know what JWF's policy is?

Huper? What up?

V-Kool has anything changed?

OTI, ya'll bidding commercial against your customers?

Global, what's your policy?

SunTek... you've had representation here, why not tell us what your policy is?

Just curious VClimber and not posting for the sake of argument, but why is OTI and ValueTint on this list. I wouldnt consider either one of them big enough players in the market to be considered. AlLthough Value Tint does have there own commercial tinting business so I'm sure they bid against there buyers and OTI is just anothe copycat like Advantage and doesnt even have a complete line of window films? :drevil

V, I would not say naive, but not looking at the big picture. Most manufacturers do this, but do not have the crews to do the installs. They turn the work in many areas over to local installers. For larger, much larger installs, this can be helpful to local, smaller installers, since they could never compete to get the work. But as long as the manufacturer who is bidding is turning over the work to their local guys, I have no problem with it. This is being done everyday, without most knowing it happens. The smart ones, like me, get their sliceof the pie. The only problem I have with it is that the Mannys need to get thier prices up a bit or take less for themselves. I will not work for any who offer .85/sq ft, yet I have to carry all the insurances as a subcontractor and all expenses except for film. This is not going to go away, no matter how much we complain here. We need to learn to work withtin the system. I make money from it, and so can you. And to complain about a manufacturer whose films you do not use is foolish. If you are not one of their retailers, they are not stealing work from you. If they don't turn the install over to their local guy, they are only stealing it from them, no one else.

Guest vclimber
Just curious VClimber and not posting for the sake of argument, but why is OTI and ValueTint on this list. I wouldnt consider either one of them big enough players in the market to be considered. AlLthough Value Tint does have there own commercial tinting business so I'm sure they bid against there buyers and OTI is just anothe copycat like Advantage and doesnt even have a complete line of window films? :drevil

They distribute don't they? I feel anyone who solicits business from retail window film dealers qualifies.

V, I would not say naive, but not looking at the big picture. Most manufacturers do this, but do not have the crews to do the installs. They turn the work in many areas over to local installers. For larger, much larger installs, this can be helpful to local, smaller installers, since they could never compete to get the work. But as long as the manufacturer who is bidding is turning over the work to their local guys, I have no problem with it. This is being done everyday, without most knowing it happens. The smart ones, like me, get their sliceof the pie. The only problem I have with it is that the Mannys need to get thier prices up a bit or take less for themselves. I will not work for any who offer .85/sq ft, yet I have to carry all the insurances as a subcontractor and all expenses except for film. This is not going to go away, no matter how much we complain here. We need to learn to work withtin the system. I make money from it, and so can you. And to complain about a manufacturer whose films you do not use is foolish. If you are not one of their retailers, they are not stealing work from you. If they don't turn the install over to their local guy, they are only stealing it from them, no one else.

We've been down the block before on this subject custom... Bottom line is if you are a MFG or Dist selling wholesale to retail dealers (your customers) and at the same time competing against them (selling to their customers at an advantaged price point) in the same retail market then I feel you should be up front about it before you solicit my business. In addition to this my personal feeling about this is that it is an unethical way of doing business bordering on !llegal depending on how you interpret it but this is just my opinion.

Guest beaudingler2

Before you guys light the match and burn us at the stake....

For the record, Geoshield will never compete with any of our dealers on installation. We certainly do procure leads and pass them on to our customers, however, Geoshield is focused on distribution of quality window films to our dealer network. We have gone to great lengths to protect exclusive territories for our dealers in Florida. I can assure you that there is no conflict between dealer/distributor in the Miami/Dade territory.

Thanks, and Happy Halloween!

Beau Dingler

Geoshield

1-800-234-6133

Guest vclimber
Before you guys light the match and burn us at the stake....

For the record, Geoshield will never compete with any of our dealers on installation. We certainly do procure leads and pass them on to our customers, however, Geoshield is focused on distribution of quality window films to our dealer network. We have gone to great lengths to protect exclusive territories for our dealers in Florida. I can assure you that there is no conflict between dealer/distributor in the Miami/Dade territory.

Thanks, and Happy Halloween!

Beau Dingler

Geoshield

1-800-234-6133

Thanks for your response Beau. :drevil

Just to be clear we are trying to understand what our suppliers and potential suppliers business practices are, not trying to burn anyone... So you say the Geoshield will never compete on installation but does your company bid and sell jobs that your dealers bid on?

Do all you nieve f***cks actually believe this crap? I dont care if they sign it in blood, the manu. is not going to hand over a primo job to "you".

PM ME

You dont understand the game man. HOw do u know these manufacturer's setupt window tint shops under a person's independent name? that way when there is a "big" job they sent them to they're "exclusive" dealer which in reality is the same company. Obviously its done the "lega" way but its just bad business, it doesnt surprise any of us. But we at least want those manu's who are not allowed to post on here is just bullcrap and cowardly. This site has exposed many bad things about any manufacturer, but we also have shared they're products on here and the least they could do is come up on here and say. "hey were not competing against you" and then sleep well at night. :drevil Nothing hard to do, just come on here and voice your opinion nobody is gonna harass you or question you wether you do or dont. We just want you to admit your not competing against your dealers. Remaining silent will not help in this situation since the whole world looking at this site is viewing this publically.

Archived