competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

Guest beaudingler2
Thanks for your response Beau.

Just to be clear we are trying to understand what our suppliers and potential suppliers business practices are, not trying to burn anyone... So you say the Geoshield will never compete on installation but does your company bid and sell jobs that your dealers bid on?

No, we do not bid against customers. We would lose customers if we did.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify our stance on the issue.

-Beau

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

Just to be clear we are trying to understand what our suppliers and potential suppliers business practices are, not trying to burn anyone... So you say the Geoshield will never compete on installation but does your company bid and sell jobs that your dealers bid on?

-Beau

:drevil Appreciate you clarifying.

Before you guys light the match and burn us at the stake....

For the record, Geoshield will never compete with any of our dealers on installation. We certainly do procure leads and pass them on to our customers, however, Geoshield is focused on distribution of quality window films to our dealer network. We have gone to great lengths to protect exclusive territories for our dealers in Florida. I can assure you that there is no conflict between dealer/distributor in the Miami/Dade territory.

Thanks, and Happy Halloween!

Beau Dingler

Geoshield

1-800-234-6133

Waz up Beau Raphy here.

We are not trying to burn anyone publically, like Vclimb says, we are just trying to be clear with every manufacturer out there what they're stand is. Just remaining quiet will give us more suspicion(sp?) on theyre business practices. its all. :drevil

Guest teamfutaba

-Beau

something is up. all the website info about the distributor in miami is gone. I read this reply and went to the miami guys website to copy some links and there gone. smells like fish. was he doing it on his own w/o your permission. I highly doubt it. any fl dealers want to chime in.. on second thought, why shoot your self in the foot.

Guest vclimber

Well 4 before the weekend is not bad. :beer

So far those that state that they do not compete with their dealers for customers are:

Solomatrix

OTI

Johnson

Geoshield

Thank you for your quick response, your customers and potential customers greatly appreciate it.

We would love to here from the rest of the suppliers:

CP Films

Madico

BSF

3M

Hanita Tek

SunTek

Huper

V-Kool

Global

Ultra Film

Valuetint

Aegis

ASWF

If I missed anyone forgive me, we'd love to here from you to on this subject. :beer

Guest tintmanlibby
Do all you nieve f***cks actually believe this crap? I dont care if they sign it in blood, the manu. is not going to hand over a primo job to "you".

huper does it for me constently .that's the best part of the huper network .all hupy people are dialed in with each other perfectly . :beer are dr. evil is dr.harry

and fyi huper has not responed for the simple fact that they rely on there dealer's to be there eye's and ear's on tint dude ive put in a call this morning about this tread to my huper contact for clarification

Guest vclimber
Do you think these guys are really going to tell you the truth out here? What are you going to do when you find out there all lying?

Good question... my answer is that I will take my business elsewhere. I already have with some of them and I will continue to seek out companies that do not compete against me. If some of these companies are not being truthful it will only be a matter of time before they are caught red-handed in a lie and they will have to reap what they have sowed. For the others I think that this is a great marketing opportunity to show potential customers that you are not a competitor. There are many dealers that will be attending SEMA next week and perhaps this could save them some walking if they are looking for suppliers that will partner rather than compete against them? This old way of doing business in this industry does not help the dealers in tough economic times. It needs to change and there are plenty of new players out there that are bringing new business models to the table.

It would be nice if the companies that are out their competing against their dealers would post their reasoning on it. They are looking for new business but you can't start that by lying to your customers or by just keeping silent and hopes that we'll all just accept it for what it is. We should all refuse too and make reps answer questions regarding their company' practices. If they choose to give us the runaround then let's take our business elsewhere.

I blogged my thoughts on this problem complete with the excuses that I was given from reps over the years when I asked them why there company is supplying and competing against me at the same time.

Archived