competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The unfortunate truth is, no matter what we do, it will still continue. The Madico Dist. in this area is owned by one of the biggest installation companies in Mass. They make so much on the installation end that they don't care about the distribution end as much. In the past coule of years, they have lost distribution territory, taken away by Madcow. When quoting against reps from Madcow, it is known in the northeast by the rest of us that the job will probably go to the Dist. Many have stopped using it here, but it still has not effected the policy one bit. Not much more you can do, just learn to grab the work from other mannys who bid jobs. As I have stated before, I have learned to work within this policy, instead of continuing to fight it and getting nowhere(and losing the work). :beer

Guest vclimber
The unfortunate truth is, no matter what we do, it will still continue. The Madico Dist. in this area is owned by one of the biggest installation companies in Mass. They make so much on the installation end that they don't care about the distribution end as much. In the past coule of years, they have lost distribution territory, taken away by Madcow. When quoting against reps from Madcow, it is known in the northeast by the rest of us that the job will probably go to the Dist. Many have stopped using it here, but it still has not effected the policy one bit. Not much more you can do, just learn to grab the work from other mannys who bid jobs. As I have stated before, I have learned to work within this policy, instead of continuing to fight it and getting nowhere(and losing the work). :beer

If it was me, I would drop Madico and carry other films. :beer

If they lost enough big dealers there would be a policy change -imo.

Guest mr3y1956

Sorry Guys, I was out of the office on Thursday and Friday.

Valuetint.com does NOT have a flat glass crew. We have a web based delivery system that markets only Auto Films and if you think at 52

years old that I'm going to crawl in the back seat of someones car then you are certifiably insane! I don't even do my own car.

My Wife and her Sister install FG in the Tulsa area and the film is purchased directly from the same Distributors that many of you guys

use. It has nothing to do with Valuetint.com.

I consider it a conflict of interest for Valuetint to compete against it's own customers.

Guest vclimber

Valuetint.com does NOT have a flat glass crew. We have a web based delivery system that markets only Auto Films and if you think at 52

years old that I'm going to crawl in the back seat of someones car then you are certifiably insane! I don't even do my own car.

My Wife and her Sister install FG in the Tulsa area and the film is purchased directly from the same Distributors that many of you guys

I consider it a conflict of interest for Valuetint to compete against it's own customers.

Thanks Mark! :twocents

Guest vclimber

tint_protest.jpg

Ok, I gave everyone a week off because of SEMA. Interestingly, two out of the 4 majors that were there in attendance have already responded... so I raise the question again to the MFG's and Dist's who have yet to respond. Do you sell film directly to retail customers thus putting yourself in direct competition against your customers? Us window film dealers would like to here from you. This is a wonderful opportunity to explain your business practices to customers and potential customers who may be considering doing business with you. :lol6

CONFLICT OF INTEREST is EXACTLY what it is. But that doesn't stop the big guys from doin' it to all us "little guy" customers of theirs.

Any Manu who engages in this activity should be taken out back and (fill in the blank)!

All I know is that since I lost my biggest dealership to this type of practice, I have found myself scrambling just to make ends meet.

Shame on all of the unsavory and unscrupulous sellers of window film. You are cutting your own throats by cutting ours!

Therefore, those who have not responded to this inquiry, probably won't. Greed and Lack of Ethics RULE todays Film industry.

After 24 years in business, by now I should be on easy street. Instead I find myself scrounging around for work.

What sucks is it isn't even my fault. I was sold out by the very people selling me film. Can you say "There's a knife in my back!" ?

Why do I have to watch my back with the very guys that are even now trying to convince tinters that everyone would be better off if they partnered with the them (Big Manu)

More like duel with them :lol6:rollin

:beer

Guest vclimber
I'm the sales rep for Bekeart Canada & we do not bid on any jobs. We help a dealer but we have not bid on any job in 13 years.

Appreciate the post melu. :beer

Can you tell your counterparts in the US that we would love to here from them on this subject? :thumb

Archived