3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

Last pic is looking through it to the outside. Same piece as every other pic. Sorry , but it is what it is

My mistake, the last pic is the glass turned around so you can see the adhesive side view

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like too mention that I talked too Marc at correct spec and he was kind enough too send me a very large sample of his films, he requested that I give him my honest opinion on the films and not too hold back on what I think of it, I will call him in a day or so and give him my opinion on the films, I also told him too join here and have not seen him on here yet.

Guest CorrectSpec

Tom, I'm glad our film help your project go smooth. Send us some more pictures of CorrectSpec Dusted Crystal projects. We love seeing them.

I would like too mention that I talked too Marc at correct spec and he was kind enough too send me a very large sample of his films, he requested that I give him my honest opinion on the films and not too hold back on what I think of it, I will call him in a day or so and give him my opinion on the films, I also told him too join here and have not seen him on here yet.

Are you going to tell us too??

I got a couple samples from them.... of course, I don't happen to have any 3M left to compare them too, but I do like the ease of which the liner comes off.

I'm interested to hear what you think of them....

Guest CorrectSpec

Mike promised a fair opinion from a true 3M veteran. If anyone would like a samples sent for there own comparison, drop me an email with your contact info and I will send them out. I welcome all feedback, bad and good. I was an installer for many years so I know first hand dealers need a good product, good price, and relationship with a distributer that doesnt treat them like there doing them a favor by selling film to them. No dig on 3M :blink

Marc@correctspec.com

Hi Marc, as far as the price it is not a big difference from what we pay for 3M Dusted Crystal, I do like the box and the end caps the film arrived in, as soon as I removed the roll from the box I could tell the difference, the film does not feel as smooth as 3M Dusted Crystal.

Now for a few pics of both films.

Here is the 2 films side by side on a DP window at the shop.

003-48.jpg

002-37.jpg

001-39.jpg

Here is the same 2 films installed on clear plexi and the pics were taken inside just like they would be seen on a sidelite or any interior glass.

Correct Spec on the left and 3M Dusted Crystal on the right.

:blink .....6e4a1e1e-ddc2-46a3-92fa-ea31390fa341.jpg..... :blink

Here is a pic the same films with a piece of black vinyl installed over the films, the pic is from the other side, 3M Dusted Crystal on the left side and Correct Spec on the right.

015-14.jpg

Now as far as cutting the films on a plotter, I found it very difficult too weed the Correct Spec film when trying too weed smaller designs and I did several test with words and shapes as well, what makes it difficult is this films easy release liner, 3M Dusted Crystal is far easier too weed more smaller designs.

Just for an example, I plotted a small tree design and I weeded the cut out tree from the bottum and just pulled it slow.

724adb8b-778b-4265-8434-6dd7b7fb779a.jpg

58b36883-d2d9-4206-853f-44b36924fffe.jpg

Any other Questions anyone.......?

Hi Marc, as far as the price it is not a big difference from what we pay for 3M Dusted Crystal, I do like the box and the end caps the film arrived in, as soon as I removed the roll from the box I could tell the difference, the film does not feel as smooth as 3M Dusted Crystal.

Now for a few pics of both films.

Here is the 2 films side by side on a DP window at the shop.

003-48.jpg

002-37.jpg

001-39.jpg

Here is the same 2 films installed on clear plexi and the pics were taken inside just like they would be seen on a sidelite or any interior glass.

Correct Spec on the left and 3M Dusted Crystal on the right.

:blink .....6e4a1e1e-ddc2-46a3-92fa-ea31390fa341.jpg..... :blink

Here is a pic the same films with a piece of black vinyl installed over the films, the pic is from the other side, 3M Dusted Crystal on the left side and Correct Spec on the right.

015-14.jpg

Now as far as cutting the films on a plotter, I found it very difficult too weed the Correct Spec film when trying too weed smaller designs and I did several test with words and shapes as well, what makes it difficult is this films easy release liner, 3M Dusted Crystal is far easier too weed more smaller designs.

Just for an example, I plotted a small tree design and I weeded the cut out tree from the bottum and just pulled it slow.

724adb8b-778b-4265-8434-6dd7b7fb779a.jpg

58b36883-d2d9-4206-853f-44b36924fffe.jpg

Any other Questions anyone.......?

To bad you are so far away, I would stop by and help you with your technique

Tom, what technique would that be........?

It looks like you had trouble weeding both pieces. Maybe your plotter needs a new blade or different angle or pressure setting, or slow down the cut etc. I have also used a towel soaked with real hot water and put it on top of a tricky area before it was weeded.

Archived