Pay Scale for Tinters

Guest TheQueenOfTint

From 25,000-150,000 is a hell of a range. The one's only making 25g's would be better off at a fast food joint and the one's making towards the 150's better be high pressure salesman/owners that can sell stuff such as dentures to people with perfectly good teeth. :lol  

I work at a honda dealer in lakeland florida all together I have been tinting windows for about 7 months. The guy that was training me left so I'm all by myself. Is busy day I can tint 6 to 9 cars a day.I get paid by the cars I do a full car will pay 3.25 hours with a visit strip. Just two fronts pay and hour.no one but me can tint at this dealership. I only make $10 a hour after seeing the posts on here I feel like I'm getting lowballed.I can get any where from 7 to 16 hours a day in Commission.what do y'all think? I bring home on a good pay period about 800 every two weeks.

Edited by Ethand

June 23 2016 - 11:23 PM

I work at a honda dealer in lakeland florida all together I have been tinting windows for about 7 months. The guy that was training me left so I'm all by myself. Is busy day I can tint 6 to 9 cars a day.I get paid by the cars I do a full car will pay 3.25 hours with a visit strip. Just two fronts pay and hour.no one but me can tint at this dealership. I only make $10 a hour after seeing the posts on here I feel like I'm getting lowballed.I can get any where from 7 to 16 hours a day in Commission.what do y'all think? I bring home on a good pay period about 800 every two weeks. 

When I worked as an auto installer with 10 years experience for a 7 badge dealership in Ft Myers back in 1990, I was paid $12/hour plus $10/per full car tint. This translated into anywhere from $16-18/hour depending on the number of full tints done in a day.

Yep, that's 26 years ago... ask 'em to be realistic now that your skills have improved.

Edited by smartie2shoes

Back in my early days, I worked in South Fla at a shop that paid salary plus % of the car. If I remember correctly it was 200-250.00 per week plus 35% of the ticket. Back in those days it was not uncommon for me to earn 2000.00 per week. .. That was almost 30 years ago.

On 6/23/2016 at 11:23 PM, Ethand said:

Lol. Regal is screwing you.