• Created
  • Last Reply

My point with the hammer argument. ..

I use a hammer to build

I use a car to drive

I even use a knife to eat.....

I've never used a gun to cut my steak

OK braugh, you gonna use you knife to" catch" yer steak :lol

More people are killed by Hammers then guns, more people are killed by a drunk driver then guns. so lets ban hammers and cars. Every dictatorial regime started first by disarming its people. I've lived in middle east, few placed in Europe and now the USA. And I must say this, if you think taking peoples guns away would save lives then I have no more words for you!!! Bottom line is, the people that want to be dictators will always have guns, and criminals will always have guns. so why take guns away from law abiding citizens???

As far as ISIS goes, its just a made up name. We call them DASH in middle east, who came up with ISIS and ISIL, God knows. But here is a hint. Our Gov. the so called Gov. calls them Al Quida in Afghanistan, ISIS in Iraq and Rebels in Syria. But the truth is, this has been going on since 622ad. since Muhammad started islam. Here is all you need to know, WWW.THERELIGIONOFPEACE.COM

Nice find FBO!!!   it is  absolutely incredulous the comparisons made not just on TD regarding guns ,but across the globe . Lets try this one : every demented leader of various countries whether believed to be an emancipator , or known to be a dictator first came into power through "gun control" go figure. So shall we compare the deliberate murder rates of the combine despots known to all? Around 110 million --- frigging millions of unarmed , defenseless men,women,& children to the few thousand killed accidently or willfully by guns ? Thanks but no thanks ... I'll keep my guns and stick to them. Plus I only have 2 more pc's of elk meat from my last hunt.actually I shot him with a bow ... Ok i'm keeping my bow too!

So the topic "Was" Isis ---- If ya'll have sucked on that "gun control" teet and found it pleasing , ya might grab onto bessie she has a few more . The goal of Islam is world domination ie: Sharia law by any means. It's late , I'm tired , but don't swallow the medias ,Presidents,Liberal s  political correctness lie .Study up , the tip of the iceberg has just broken the surface.

what i love is the reaction you get when you try to discuss guns and gun reform with any hot/cold blooded american....everyone gets mighty patriotic and up in arms about a legislation written during a time when guns were needed on a day to day bases.....me personally i don't care if you have them or not although i do hate explaining to my children news reports about mass murders performed by children in the states. kids with guns is something that does occur fairly frequently which should make americans want to re-evaluate gun laws. and by the way how did a discussion about isis in australia become mighty racist towards "black" americans. Yes Australia has a few extremists but so does every country at the moment and i personally find the whole affair that a young boy found solice and fraternity in a group such as isis incredibly sad and i feel for his parents who have lost their baby boy... that being said i support the police who did the best they could in a bad situation and i wish them a speedy recovery so that they can get back out on the streets to protect us from those who would wish us harm.

what i love is the reaction you get when you try to discuss guns and gun reform with any hot/cold blooded american....everyone gets mighty patriotic and up in arms about a legislation written during a time when guns were needed on a day to day bases.....

I can understand why you'd feel that way, growing up outside of the US. But I'd ask for the same understanding in return, having grown up here and not in Australia. My convictions aren't based upon what an Australian (or any other nationality) would deem just, they are based off of my environment and life experiences. There are convictions you Aussies hold dear, I would assume, and I'm sure they wouldn't all line up picture perfect with any/every other nation on this planet. But as an american who is totally disconnected from your "world" (so to speak), what right do I have to make any assumptions as to personal choices or other social concepts? Sure we can have an opinion, but really that's where it ends. I don't think anyone here is pushing for Australia to have the same gun rights as us, we just wish to maintain our rights. 

Just like my original post said, I believe in the right to bear arms, as well a NOT bear arms. It is a personal choice, and outside opinions should NEVER alter personal choices. :twocents

....oh and damn right I am patriotic! You say it like it's a bad thing....:lol

:beer

On Racism } Alrighty then, time to call a spade a spade , oops that's been known to be racist right? So to elucidate where this is going : growing up one of my dads good friends was a grand dragon in the kkk , I grew up with that nonsense ,but escaped the idiocy of it working alongside other races mostly with more melanin content, in various country clubs ; from sous chefs ,caddies,locker room s , dishwashers, that exposure change my warped perception . I had experienced my share of "racism" ,and trust me color isn't the only issue. I took issue one night at some cowboy  bar in Iowa with a friend after hearing nigger this nigger that , I was so pizzed that I slammed my wallet down on the table and said " close your eyes M-F rs and tell me who the nigger is. (My language has changed since that time ,another story ,we don't want to open the religion can up yet  :lol )

You could have heard a pin drop, and not one person said a word to me. Ergo , I have deduced ,racist people are mostly cowards . So that being said you know where I stand on "racism" . We have become so soft in our thinking and approach to life we read into whats not there and miss the truth.  Tint Junkie made no racist comment, he merely stated a well known albeit unfortunate state of affairs . In case you missed it he included "you might be killed whether white or black" Did anyone take the time to find out IF he is racist ? Just because he's from Texas???? His comments raised no indication  of being racist on my part.

On gun control } According to crime bureau statistics, homicides and gun crimes increased substantially after gun bans in both Au. and Great Britain , and the Brits want their guns back . My neighbor was victimized by 2 thugs carrying guns in a home invasion/robbery attempt . They tied him up and started ransacking his home (I talked to him afterwards) . Unbeknownst to them, his girlfriend was sleeping in one of the other rooms, realizing the possible scenario of a r*pe, he somehow got free enough to get a weapon and shot and killed one of the intruders , the other one escaped . Any man that would say he would just let happen what is going to happen is only half a man.And to denigrate another for protecting his family is a fool. The old adage "there are no atheists in foxholes" is so germane . One can boast how they will take on the situation be it a gun toting maniac or a knife wielding lunatic bent on harming you or family members , but unless you are trained in some form of martial arts or just a great fighter, you will piss your pants when looking down the bore of a gun and into the eyes of evil.Your unchallenged bravado vanishing like a puff of smoke in a hurricane. 

I pray we don't as a nation ever accept the inane idea that giving up our guns will make us safer.Not only do we have 2 nations and history to prove other wise , they tried it in Chicago and Washington D.C. and got the same dismal results. 

On Isis,Isil whatever name they go by on any given day, they are not religious , Islam is not a religion , it is a political force based on lies. The epitome of the blind leading the blind. There is enough information available to corroborate this , and not enough time to get into it here. as stated before , the tip of the iceberg has just surfaced.

what i love is the reaction you get when you try to discuss guns and gun reform with any hot/cold blooded american....everyone gets mighty patriotic and up in arms about a legislation written during a time when guns were needed on a day to day bases.....me personally i don't care if you have them or not although i do hate explaining to my children news reports about mass murders performed by children in the states. kids with guns is something that does occur fairly frequently which should make americans want to re-evaluate gun laws. and by the way how did a discussion about isis in australia become mighty racist towards "black" americans. Yes Australia has a few extremists but so does every country at the moment and i personally find the whole affair that a young boy found solice and fraternity in a group such as isis incredibly sad and i feel for his parents who have lost their baby boy... that being said i support the police who did the best they could in a bad situation and i wish them a speedy recovery so that they can get back out on the streets to protect us from those who would wish us harm.

Im prob about as much as a racist as you are gay.  

Unfortunately for anyone who disagrees with any of my posts in this thread, I have backed up all my statements with links, and spent a lot of time researching before I open my mouth.  The only link I regret posting is one that was from 2007, as I did not pay attention to the date until well after the post, but even still, I left it.  That was a Aussie stat that I should not have posted as it was out dated.  All my other links are valid, and I made it a point to not post a link that was easy bc it agreed with my stance...it took a lot of reading.

So, how often does the mass murders in America occur by children?  Can you back up the claim that it happens fairly often?  Also, did this gun tell the child to do it?  Instead of more reform, how about more education?

The "legislation" you are referring to is called the Bill of Rights.  The Bill of Rights is the first ten amendments to our Constitution, in which our Constitution is our supreme law of the United States.  The Bill of Rights is whats gives us our freedom.  These are inalienable rights given to us...and one happens to be, "The right to bear arms."  No where in there does it say, you have the right to bear arms, and in doing so, people will be killed by said arms.  Since you brought up a "legislation"....lets talk about that.

Our Constitution was enacted in 1789, yours in 1900.

Ours has 27 amendments, ALL of which never gives the government more power.  In fact, all but a handful (as they are focused towards election dates and what happens if a President dies in office) limit government further.  With that said, our government is far more powerful today then it ever was after the 27th amendment, but never by way of an amendment.

Yours has 6, in which 3 of them define more power to your government.  One of your Protection of Rights is "right to just compensation" which is why there was a buyback system in place for your guns in 96/97...which you ultimately paid for.

Ours is in place to state what the government CANT force you to do, and not what it WILL do for you (a republic, in which the people are the power)...although, this hasn't been the case lately.......

Yours not only states what it can do to you, it also says what it will do for you (socially/financially) and is based on a monarchy, in which your government is a constitutional monarchy, which one may argue the people have power, but, the people actually don't.

I made the mistake of arguing about guns in AUS, as it seems apparent on this thread most of you are fine with being told you can't have them, or you can, but you really can't...or whatever.  I grew up differently, and will defend my country just as much as you will defend yours, even though we are doing so through a keyboard.

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again.  An honest society is an armed society, and if you took all the guns away from law abiding citizens (no matter the country) you are leaving the non-abiding citizens with the guns, and they will kill you with it.  Only those who out there to kill others with a gun are the problem...not the guns.

3 things I try to avoid talking about.....Religion,Politics and Gun control.

go

what i love is the reaction you get when you try to discuss guns and gun reform with any hot/cold blooded american....everyone gets mighty patriotic and up in arms about a legislation written during a time when guns were needed on a day to day bases.....

I can understand why you'd feel that way, growing up outside of the US. But I'd ask for the same understanding in return, having grown up here and not in Australia. My convictions aren't based upon what an Australian (or any other nationality) would deem just, they are based off of my environment and life experiences. There are convictions you Aussies hold dear, I would assume, and I'm sure they wouldn't all line up picture perfect with any/every other nation on this planet. But as an american who is totally disconnected from your "world" (so to speak), what right do I have to make any assumptions as to personal choices or other social concepts? Sure we can have an opinion, but really that's where it ends. I don't think anyone here is pushing for Australia to have the same gun rights as us, we just wish to maintain our rights. 

Just like my original post said, I believe in the right to bear arms, as well a NOT bear arms. It is a personal choice, and outside opinions should NEVER alter personal choices. :twocents

....oh and damn right I am patriotic! You say it like it's a bad thing.... :lol

:beer

you are right it is your personal choice would never ask you to change it but you are aware that you just proved my point...... by the way the convictions that us aussie's hold dear to is mostly to love your family, give "everyone" a go and sort your personal issues out "man to man" so to speak.. and of course we have the religion which is "beer and plenty of it"

I choose not to carry a gun because I feel that I don't feel the need to.

I would rather my children be in danger from a home invasion or a bad guy then to fear them going to school and being shot down like someone in a video game. Or the prospect of a gun kept in my home being used in the wrong way.

It seems quite clear as to how many American's think about guns, as not once was it mentioned that anyone wants to take any guns off any law abiding citizens.

The very mention of gun reform gets people reaching for the guns. My idea of gun reform is to reduce the chance of guns getting in the wrong hands, not by taking guns away, that will never happen. But if you talk of sections of society in the US being more dangerous and having a higher chance of offending because of a break down in family values etc.. Then wouldn't it be best to find the source of the issue and completely change the foundations? Not arm yourselves in protection? An American is an American.. Black or White.. So to say that black America is the issue is to say that America is the issue.

My best friend is a special forces soldier who is about to head back into the red zone. The only reason Australia is a target is because we support America EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a conflict. Even when the planes went into the 2 towers, we instantly backed the US to find the bad guys that we didn't even know existed before that tragic event. Many Aussies died and even some people I knew personally, and it all seems to be for protecting the American way of life. 2 years after we finally got out of there, we are back fighting what seems to be the same people with a different name. And I can say without doubt we will be back again in a few years to blow up some other extremist group that pops up.

Since we supported the US in the middle east, the Ahole leaders of ISIS have requested that their dead shit followers carry out beheadings and other sick acts to everyday Aussies going about their day, and if we go back to the original subject at hand I said that I feel some what safer knowing that these sickos will find it hard to get the kind of weapons they would want to do some real damage, and that is because guns are harder for joe blogs on the street to get his hands on when he is pissed of and wants to blow somebodies brains out.

Read my post!!! "Gun reform does not mean some hippy ass hole is going to come in and take away your precious guns, it simply means that America has had too many violent acts by American's against American's and it is time to look at what can be done to save the lives of good American folks (Black and White). So don't get your knickers in a knot and start pointing your fingers at which color is doing what and realize that you are all Americans and you can make it a better place." How is it that in America, a man that doesn't own a pair of shoes can own a gun?

People will always kill other people... That we know... Some types of guns allow too many people to die at once.

I am just voicing an opinion, or you might say a perspective of an individual of a nation that has always supported America without question. We share many of the same values, but our lust for guns is well and truly over IMO.

Archived