XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

cmon now it is pretty clear cut when a competitor opens up a heated debate about their competition what their motive is. You weren't being some sort of hero alerting the public to facts of Xpels business. You were hoping to gain what from that, hmmm everyone jumping on getting up your competitor for it, win win for a 3M.

Smart business tells a competitor not to get involved. I wonder what your thoughts would be if Xpel hard started a thread about something in 3M's business? I would think the same of them and you can see how that looks...petty. That's the problem with social media these days, anyone can use it to manipulate anything.

No I don't bother looking into the background of everyone that has posted and to be honest don't care enough about what you do in life to want to, but I would ask why distributors of anything other than Xpel are concerned about Xpel flooding the market. If your product is superior to theirs then you wouldn't care as your installers are the ones that get the business. Instead you have a sub par product (frome what we read) that was late to the market and are trying to back peddle and are paranoid that anything Xpel does will mean your demise. More time marketing and developing your product and less time social media bashing and you will be fine 3M.

Oh and thank you for your facts even though they are spoken from a direct competitors mouth.

I say go nuts with information for us! 'Shadebyblade or is it Jim'

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supreme,

I don't need to say much more as you are two years ahead of me in Australia and I have no advice for you over there.  Oh, and I will address what I only think is the magical information that will throw me under the bus!  Yes, I do install!  I managed a shop for 7 years prior to being on distribution close to the last 8 years.  I have people contact me that are family, friends, repeat and referral business for being in the industry for almost 15 years now.

The difference being:

1.  I do not advertise in any way or form.

2.  I have invoices under my name for any material that I buy at Interwest at normal price..

3.  I only do it on my own time (weekends) if I am even around and have time or want to.

4.  I do a majority of jobs for Interwest Distribution customers at their shops as freelance installer work.  (Splash (Joseph), All American (Richard), A Fusion (George), John's Sunroofs (Darrell) as they call me from time to time to help them when they are booked on a weekend or a special job.  I trust you can Google these around Denver, call them and ask the owners to confirm.

5.  Documentation from anyone I have done work for that they have contacted me or I have also given them installers info around the area that use our product.  (Have plenty of emails that I can copy and paste.)  At the end of the day I work plenty of hours and travel plenty of time that I do very little installation work and only for those close to me and customers that we sell film to who ask for help when they are busy.

I'm sure that I know where this is going as Shadebyblade is in Denver but does not buy 3M PPF from us so please have at it if it makes your day.  I have the contacts to all my work and they will be happy to confirm the above.  I'm sorry if someone got mad because they requested 3M and someone else was offering another brand.  If this is the big Kaboom! then I am sure that person will be happy to come and tell another side of the story.  If not then I don't know what else you are reaching for.

If you want to dig then go for it!  Should I get you my W-2 and 1099's?  I honestly don't know much more that I am hiding but apparently I must have a good story out there for someone in Australia to care about?

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

todd@interwestdc.com

303-777-4455

I really don't have anything to have a dig about but pointing out how it looks when one distributor/manufacturer opens a thread about another. That's pretty clear no matter who it is. If you want to get on as a distributor of a competitors product then there is no reason people cant reply back about your product, although I wouldn't expect another manufacturer to stoop to that level also. Make comments under a personal logon rather then a direct competitors logon.

Your good news in Australia is 3M is pretty much all people know about, Xpel and Suntek are fairly newly pushed here. The problem is all they know about is scotchguard and ventureshield so it is a pretty easy to upsell superior product. 3M pro series will be late to the party here after Xpel and Suntek then become household names instead.

At the end of the day be you, do you.

I really don't have anything to have a dig about but pointing out how it looks when one distributor/manufacturer opens a thread about another. That's pretty clear no matter who it is. If you want to get on as a distributor of a competitors product then there is no reason people cant reply back about your product, although I wouldn't expect another manufacturer to stoop to that level also. Make comments under a personal logon rather then a direct competitors logon.

Your good news in Australia is 3M is pretty much all people know about, Xpel and Suntek are fairly newly pushed here. The problem is all they know about is scotchguard and ventureshield so it is a pretty easy to upsell superior product. 3M pro series will be late to the party here after Xpel and Suntek then become household names instead.

At the end of the day be you, do you.

Supreme,

Think about your last post and what are your honest points as they are across the board?

I am not employed by 3M and I am not an official voice of a manufacture/OEM.  But I guess in your mind you are telling me that it is ok if I posted or post with a different logon masking who I am day to night?  That sounds real transparent and ironic considering your previous posts questioning morals.

As I have said before I have no problem with people that want to talk or debate about a topic but you keep on bringing it back to “Product” and that was not the topic of this thread.  There are plenty of other threads based on “Product” here.

At the end of the day this thread is not about Australia, what product is best, or being late to the party!  So have a great day installing and I am more than happy to debate more when the thread is back to the original topic.

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

todd@interwestdc.com

303-777-4455

You are a distributor of 3M. By being a distributor you are a 'face' of 3M, whether your smart enough to see it or obviously not. 

Dont sit there and try to quote words like 'product' and 'morals' cos your silly enough to open a thread about your direct competition. Yes it would have been smart to open a 'fake' logon cos doing it as a direct competition just made you look pathetic lol.

Good luck being paranoid debating  :wall

Archived