XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

Looks like XPEL made a power play in Canada.

Buying Parasol of Canada which had 79 installation facilities / franchises.

Buckle your seat belts boys and girls.

And what is the negative to this?

Nothing for you, yet. But it does fall in line with what this thread was about. Xpel is expanding out into the installation business instead of just manufacturing film. So you can bet no matter what they say they will expand installation into every market they can and yet that will take business away from the installers already there promoting Xpel products. Pretty simple to understand.

What is pretty simple to understand is this is a bashing thread often with people jumping to conclusions. Sounds like some people have some relevant issues and it sounds like some people are finding anything they can to unload about. You now install Suntek so smile and keep doing what you are doing.

Do not tell me what I can and cannot do. Thank you. Second if you know the history of this you would know there has been a LOT of lying coming out of Xpel. I have been personally told one thing on the phone only to see something else happen. And when I called him out on it I was given a BS answer that I would expect a politician to say. So no I am not looking at bashing. I am in here to see that these situations that are happening here (not in Australia where you are the Xpel fanboy) is brought into the open and is discussed in the open in writing. Period. Notice Xpel avoids a lot of the points and will not post them here for everyone to see. I wonder why??? I get PMs and phone calls all of the time yet nothing in writing for everyone to see. So if anything you enjoy your little isolate market in Oz and let us discuss the issues that affect us.

Oh and if you believe Xpel pays the for THEIR film the same price that independent installers do than you are an idiot. Surely you cant be that gullible. Maybe you need a little more experience in the industry (since you just started less than a year ago) I have been doing this for almost 13 years now so I have a little better grasp on it as I have seen a lot of poor business practices. And since you seem to want to refer back to page one you will see the same issues are being talked about. Xpel opening installations shops in markets that already had Xpel installers. Again something that doesn't affect you, yet.

Again all I have said is some people have relevant facts and some are grasping to anything. You have absolutely no facts to anything about wages and manufacturers discounts yet you call me an idiot for thinking on the contrary :crazy  yes that makes me the idiot. Im sure it happens but back up your statements in a public forum, it happens all the time in EVERY area of business. Do you think there are people out there that aren't getting better deals than you on Suntek? on the tools you use?

You guys would last 2 seconds in the vehicle wrapping world. Competition getting better discounts from the manufacturers means they can offer better pricing. The manufacturers are making t seem they are looking after you when you know they are also looking after your competitors. Could only imagine how you guys would handle that.

OOOh a year into PPF makes me less experienced to peoples poor attitudes? lol 2 years of MY OWN business doesn't mean no experience working at all. I got involved in this as people are using a public forum to publicly bash a company that does give their time to assist people on here. They then try to defend themselves and get told 'very corporate of you to do so Jeff', I personally commend them for being able to be so calm.

I never said there was no valid points if you were to actually read my posts instead of reading one or two lines that offend you. It was clear that some people were just rattling off stuff with no backing '50% discount on materials' '50-75% discount on materials' surely you cant see that's wrong to do? I know plenty of installers in Australia get a better discount from he distributor than me on Xpel. I also know before Xpel I was looking at 3M and again offered a price nowhere near to what the local competitor was getting.

Again read my posts and see what I was trying to say rather then once again jump on the bashing boat by reading what you want. Have always said that some people seem to have valid points and I feel for them if it is affecting their business.

Probably also time for you to take down all your Xpel marketing from your website.... or is it being used to help your business .... Don't want to come across as still being a 'fanboy'...

Well out of all your rambling I have to say thank you. I was not aware my website didn't reflect we no longer carry Xpel. That has been  corrected. Little things like that fall through the cracks when your busy installing all of the time.

To go back to my original point is I know for a fact what I was told by Xpel, and I have seen what they turned around and did. The exact opposite. I guess they are running their business like Obama is running the country. Well except that the country is going bankrupt and Xpel's stock holders are not.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest UnkownInstaller

Word on the street is Xpel just opened a new distribution center in Orange County, CA.

And they "might" start doing installations.

Shop not open to public yet only for past clients to pick up bulk rolls.

We do have a distribution point in Carson, CA allowing for next day delivery or same day local pickup. It's a company called Expeditors that does freight forwarding. They also manage our distribution points for us in Seattle, Denver, and Louisville. We're working hard to be able to ship anywhere within the US in 1-2 days to minimize installers' costs and lead times.

Obviously, a freight forwarding company isn't going to be doing installs. Just slappin' FedEx labels on boxes.

I'd question the validity of the source if you were told that installations were going to be done there. There are plenty of people with things to gain by trying to make us look bad by spreading rumors.

Jeff,

Makes sense to me as XPEL needs to get film to your company owned installation facility in Palm Springs, CA in a timely manner.  Not trying to be rude and just "Factual" at this point.  All open to debate and once again I'm not saying it is wrong for XPEL but I do have different views on the route that XPEL has taken with this side of the business.

http://www.xpel.com/company/hr010.asp

Job Description

Job Title: Paint Protection Film Installer Department: Installation Reports to: Area Sales Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 45-70K depending on productivity

SUMMARY: XPEL Technologies Corp. is looking for experienced Paint Protection Film Installers that are interested in working in a high-quality, fast paced environment with a dependable job and advancement opportunities. We currently have one position available in each of our San Antonio, Houston and Palm Springs, CA facilities. A good candidate would possess a good work ethic and be able to function effectively in a team environment.

Moving and relocation expenses will be provided for the right candidates and their families if applicable.

Major Responsibilities/Activities:
  • High quality installation of paint protection film
  • Assist in the pick-up and delivery of cars from dealerships as needed.
  • Interact with installation center customers as needed.
  • Other duties as required
Minimum Requirements:
  • Highly motivated and organized with an excellent work ethic
  • Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
  • 3 years professional paint protection film experience

Please send resume and any questions to thartt@xpel.com.

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

303-777-4455

todd@interwestdc.com

Sure toad or is it todd.were not talking about the 3m.so stop bad mouthing your competitors.

this is not the place.im sure you don't know as much as you think!I could throw you under bus if I wanted to but I gotta let it go.

Shadebyblade or is it Jim,

I travel 22 states for Window Film and 18 for PPF not to mention that I just returned from Palm Springs on Friday doing sales calls for window film.  This is where a dealer who does use XPEL and 3M brought it to my attention.  I also started this thread and have not been bashing as it is a business choice that companies have the right to make.  That doesn't mean that someone can't have another opinion.  As a distributor our choice is not to go into the installation business to compete with our customers.  At the end of the day I like to have information and then I can make a choice what to do with that information.

If Interwest or XPEL set up an installation facility in Denver then maybe your stance would change. 

You are correct that I do not know everything but being on the road for 30+ weeks a year gives me a good perspective outside of Colorado and more of what goes on Nationwide.  If you have something that you have against me or Interwest then I would be happy to talk about it and you know where to find us.

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

303-777-4455

todd@interwestdc.com

Did I just read all that right? a 3M distributor started a thread about Xpels business moves.

Wow, and XPEL are coping it for their business moves. You are a 3M service centre / training centre and you started a heated debate about Xpel. Regardless of Xpels 'morale's' hows yours looking? Yes being the face of a company means you need to hold your tongue about others whether you have a personal opinion or not. Maybe Jeff should jump on start a 3M business thread, how would that look?

As far as this apparent business model goes, if that was the way it was to go, yes it would burn a lot of people in the industry and pi$$ a lot of people off, but if they were to open distribution/install facilities all around the world then they would kill it profit wise and market wise. The only way to negate this would be for other manufacturers to come up with a better product that customers would rather have installed, maybe more time should be spent on that and less time being paranoid....

Supreme,

I have no problems if that is your opinion of me and you want to talk about my morals when this is called a “Forum” and you use words like “Debate”. Maybe you should be open to other opinions even if it comes from another film distributor. A few other distributors on this thread have also said their views yet I do not see you questioning their morals. The thread was started based on OEM/Distributor vs. OEM Distributor Installation Facilities.

Anything I have said on this topic is public information and all of your posts drill down to wanting to see facts or proof of a statement that has been made by people posting.

I apologize if you were unaware that Interwest is a privately held 3M Distributor since 1985 and has been distributing and training PPF for almost 30 years in the United States. If I did not make that clear on the first page then I did on the second page with my response back to Jeff.

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

todd@interwestdc.com

303-777-4455

Archived