XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

Wow. It's interesting to read the anecdotes on here. Up in Canada, XPEL just bought a large, pre existing distributor in Quebec and cut off my supplier. Beginning to wonder what's in store for us...

I'm a 3M guy, but because of who I have installed XPEL for in the past, people call me for that film specifically. Just touched base with XPEL Canada the other day to inquire about buying film, and am beginning to wonder if it's the right move.

It's obvious that XPEL has a solid product. Pro series has a ways to go before the ease of install changes. Ultimate was released a long time ago. I'm a 3M guy, like I said, but why should I continue to purchase product from a company that effectively nationalizes (for the lack of a better term) anything they see as worthwhile?

I'm in Toronto, Canada's biggest auto market. I do a lot of XPEL installs for one dealership in particular, because they have tried everyone, and my level of quality justifies my price point. What's to stop XPEL's rep from eventually parachuting down a "friendly" at a better price in MY back yard?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. It's interesting to read the anecdotes on here. Up in Canada, XPEL just bought a large, pre existing distributor in Quebec and cut off my supplier. Beginning to wonder what's in store for us...

I'm a 3M guy, but because of who I have installed XPEL for in the past, people call me for that film specifically. Just touched base with XPEL Canada the other day to inquire about buying film, and am beginning to wonder if it's the right move.

It's obvious that XPEL has a solid product. Pro series has a ways to go before the ease of install changes. Ultimate was released a long time ago. I'm a 3M guy, like I said, but why should I continue to purchase product from a company that effectively nationalizes (for the lack of a better term) anything they see as worthwhile?

I'm in Toronto, Canada's biggest auto market. I do a lot of XPEL installs for one dealership in particular, because they have tried everyone, and my level of quality justifies my price point. What's to stop XPEL's rep from eventually parachuting down a "friendly" at a better price in MY back yard?

If you were already installing our film at a dealership, then there isn't any incentive to change that.  If another installer went it to do those same installs, we'd still sell the same amount of film, so there is really no benefit to changing things up.

The reason to condsider change would be if the dealership was unhappy with their service, or the installer wasn't able to support their needs.  It sounds like none of those would apply to you, judging by the insinuation of high pricing/high quality.  

Yes I have been pretty busy with work so haven't jumped in here much. Good posts though Silverbullet. I think at the end of the day when the word gets out on how someone does business that is what clients will make a decision on. There are good films out there these days and Xpel isn't by any means better than any of the others. So no matter how much marketing is done when you are known for unethical business practices people will stop buying your product. Starting with installers as they see how it impacts them directly then followed by customers. its not always about padding the bottom line. Its about doing it the right way with a little integrity and loyalty.

Understood all good points, but...ethics and loyalty are long gone from San Antonio. As a publicly traded company they are proving to be self centered around the letter (I).

As I mentioned, let's put the chin straps on and work together independents.

When XPEL knocks on your door and wants to engage in a new video production or a newspaper ad...that's a red flag.

Followed up by Xpel reps visiting your dealers /customers your toast.

Brand your own business and network without the tactics.

Silverbullet, I welcome you to San Antonio anytime, and will pay for your hotel out of my own pocket if you'd be interested in truly getting to know who we are, what motivates us, and a glimpse into what goes on in a company that supports its installer network beyond shipping them urethane.

The money and time spent sending business to loyal independent installers this year alone is staggering.

The list of ridiculously successful companies installing XPEL film stands as factual testament to who we are and what we are doing. Our most well known install partners will tell you exactly why they switched from their previous brand, and it isn't because we beat their old price by a few cents. It is that their business improved in a more meaningful way.

Any company can make and sell film, but how many send their customers business on a daily basis, help them become more efficient, and make them better at their craft?

XPEL film installers are generally the top shops in their market whereas detractors are largely confined to a small group that doesn't do business with us or are worried about cheaper price over results.

Do I suggest a shop building their own brand name? Absolutely! The installer is the most important part of the equation. Our best partners would exist successfully without us, but they would all tell you that doing business with XPEL has made their business life better.

#thebestshopsusexpel

Silverbullet, I welcome you to San Antonio anytime, and will pay for your hotel out of my own pocket if you'd be interested in truly getting to know who we are, what motivates us, and a glimpse into what goes on in a company that supports its installer network beyond shipping them urethane.

The money and time spent sending business to loyal independent installers this year alone is staggering.

The list of ridiculously successful companies installing XPEL film stands as factual testament to who we are and what we are doing. Our most well known install partners will tell you exactly why they switched from their previous brand, and it isn't because we beat their old price by a few cents. It is that their business improved in a more meaningful way.

Any company can make and sell film, but how many send their customers business on a daily basis, help them become more efficient, and make them better at their craft?

XPEL film installers are generally the top shops in their market whereas detractors are largely confined to a small group that doesn't do business with us or are worried about cheaper price over results.

Do I suggest a shop building their own brand name? Absolutely! The installer is the most important part of the equation. Our best partners would exist successfully without us, but they would all tell you that doing business with XPEL has made their business life better.

#thebestshopsusexpel

You can pay for my trip and throw in some training if you want, lol

Jeff,

Thanks for invite...been to San Antonio several times and yes you do have value and your team is experienced!

However, some of my colleagues have been run out of business or lost business because of your sales tactics.

To do fieldwork and video production one week and then back door your same customer selling around them the next is a not exactly going to get a standing ovation.

Closing out distributors that installers like to buy "local" is going to set up more competition for you all. Realizing your margins are skinny from the lack of manufacturing and scale...I understand your dilemma but, at the expense of your customer base? That doesn't sit well with our members or our community of installers that have to put food on the table.

Thanks for the note...and as I mentioned XPEL does offer good solid value with the exception of how to run a business.

Your sales volume increase in sales versus your labor volume is very intriguing and the cash you have created since DM was involved has certainly improved your financials...but at whose expense?

Your customers?

You tell us????

Paranoia solved:

16158713624_d924a88a20.jpgUntitled by pjp98z, on Flickr

Original website is http://www.expeditors.com/office-locations/north-america.asp.  Drive by sometime. You just have to call in your order to XPEL HQ before you can pick up locally.  

Jeff don't tell me you got caught lying again! Come on. I expect you to make it a little more difficult than that. You just flat out said that there is no installation shop in California and that we are all being paranoid... even when text from your own add was put into the thread, Well here is the address of your installation shop in Palm Springs (I have a pic of the store front also... and it isn't a distributor)... the one you said didn't exist.  Just as you lied to me repeatedly you got caught here again. This is what will kill your business. When its in black and white you cant deny it. As people find out how you guys run your business, how you repeatedly lie, how you screw installers over (who promoted your film... like Chris at DFW Clearbra), vehicle owners and dealerships will want nothing to do with you. And deservedly so.

http://www.yellowpages.com/cathedral-city-ca/mip/xpel-technologies-corp-495881046

http://usplaces.com/others/cathedral-city-ca/xpel-technologies-corp

Archived