XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little birdie just notified me that there is an Xpel shop in California now. Surprise suprise. Funny how I was told by Xpel that they weren't going to be opening shops initially, then into certain areas. Now it seems like they are spreading everywhere. Hope you Xpel installers aren't promoting them too heavily. Next thing you know they will be down the street taking your customers.

Nice picture Jeff. Funny how you are making light of this when it was you who lied to be directly. You guys would make great politicians.

Supreme you aren't worth wasting time on. I will sit back and wait until Xpel moves I not Australia and starts taking your business. Will be fun to see you eat your words. Going back on point I as well as others have been lied directly to in regards to Xpel opening shops up. Whatever you choose to believe beyond that is up to you. But I know what I was told and I know what they followed up with in response to me calling them out. That's why this threD is really here. Instead of them lying on the phone they now have two options. Ignore it completely which they have pretty much chosen of put it in writing so everyone can and will see what is happening and will happen in the future.

lol funny how much time you have spent on me already though. If they move to Australia then im sure it will effect people, me I wont be eating my words as it is not my only business line. In fact its not my main service, sure I hope it grows but locking myself into one business line is dangerous. Same way some Tinters also offer PPF and wrapping. Same way some people that offer PPF also offer Opti-coating, car detailing. Those that offer just PPF are obviously in cities with a flooded market place and if there is that many customers then it wont matter if Xpel open a facility. If your portfolio looks good, your business image is good, word of mouth is good, you will survive and continue to do well.

As far as people being lied to, yes I agree that is wrong although it seems to be 'he said, she said', the only people that knows the truth is yourselves. If they just opened shops without lying or without saying anything then this thread would still exist.

It doesn't matter if it is your only business line or not. You are completely missing the point. If you were promoting Xpel to your clients for years stating its the best film to go with and then Xpel moved into your area and opened an install shop undercutting you with dealerships you had established then you would get it. That is very unethical and shows a total disregard fro the installer. Some of us stay busy ONLY installing PPF. Nothing wrong with that. Why offer other services that actually make less money??? You would be loosing money detailing or tinting. I know for a FACT that people have been told installation shops were NOT going to be opened in markets only for Xpel to turn around and do it. Not only that but they went in and undercut the installer with dealers they had ben installing film at for a long time.  Through the DAP they know exactly what you are cutting and how much volume. Doesn't take much to find out in one phone call who they are doing work for. So because Xpel has their own film they their material cost is much lower than what they sell it to installers not to mention they dont pay for access to the DAP. Hopefully you can see how they would have a huge advantage over the installer. I also was lied to directly over the phone multiple times. When I called them out on it they changed their story. That is why this thread exists./.. so its all in writing for people to see. And yes this thread would still exist if they were honest in opening shops. Why? Because where they open them they undercut installers who have been pushing their film. That is as shady as it gets and only shows their loyalty is only to money, not the installers pushing their films. Just to note they will eventually fail in this for two reasons. First any good installer will go work open their own because the money is MUCH better. So they end up with subpar installers who don't put out quality work. I have been to Houston and seen first hand a Lambo that was completely cut up (the entire car since it was a full wrap). Theo only reason why they still have that account is because one of the top guys at Xpel is personal friends with the owner of the dealership.... and funny how that just happened. Second once the word gets out on how they are undercutting installers and their lack of integrity people will avoid their film altogether. A lot of people choose not to do business with companies like that and its obvious why. Sp it will be very interesting on how this plays out over the next few years. At least it will all be in writing before it all happens than hearing a different story later on.

It appears that PPF is the new gold rush for distributors. My advice, and take is as you wish. Is to never,ever ever buy anything from a distributor who is also your competition. There is no gray area here. It is simply bad business and does nothing for your business, it only allows the competition to pad their own checkbook. We don't do PPF at all so I have no horse in this race. But a few years back some film mfrs had distributors that were also instillation shops. This model eventually failed for a number of the same reasons mentioned here in previous comments.

There are several companies that have established these tiered business models...nothing really new.

Both Pro-Tect and PPF Distribution have installation companies and do a very good job protecting there markets that they install in...difficult to compete against them on price.

There distribution business's do a good job but...there are some advantages.

No different than XPEL's latest business model except you will have an installation company that has a price advantage in every major city versus two states:).

Buckle up Independents and take a stance...Buy from non- threatening sources.

Archived