XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I would agree that there are plenty of things in this thread that are untrue, they are not coming from XPEL.  

Our Palm Springs location has been talked about many times and I have never denied its existence.   It services one dealership group in a market where nobody was installing XPEL film.  We did offer to send all of the retail inquiries to another local installer, if they'd start carrying XPEL, though (that's why they are the only ones showing on the dealer locator for the region).  Pretty nice gesture if I do say so, myself.

All of these "secrets" and "lies" being "exposed" simply aren't anything more than truths that you may just now learning of or simply weren't aware of.  Our customers in SoCal know all about our third party distribution center in Carson and our install shop in Palm Springs (not L.A., where there are plenty of installers).  In fact, we just let an installer from Riverside borrow our shop in Palm Springs to do some follow up work for one of his customers.  

It is not a typical business practice to call your competitor's customers in unrelated regions to get approval on business decisions.  Remember, just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean that other installers don't.  Just so that nobody wastes there time doing research on publicly known information, here is a list of our corporate owned shops:

XPEL Atlanta

XPEL Austin

XPEL Houston

XPEL Palm Springs

XPEL San Antonio

XPEL UK

Expeditors (Third Party) U.S. Distribution Centers:

Carson, CA (L.A.)

Sumner, WA (Seattle)

Aurora, CO (Denver)

Louisville, KY

I've already explained on countless occasions that nobody screwed your friend, we just weren't able to land him a new account that he didn't have to begin with.  If a dealership wants to stay with their existing installer, we can't force them to change.  The fact that we tried to help is more than most film companies would do in the first place.  Especially considering that the company we were trying to help was using a fair amount of a competitor's product.

The topics this thread has been hashed, rehashed, and explained multiple times, and frankly, none of it is productive.  Pro-Tect, everyone knows where you stand.  Silverbullet, I apologize if you had a friend that worked for a distribution company that is no longer reselling XPEL film.  Let's move on and be productive.

Thats all good...very interesting business plan mixing manufacturing and company owned installation companies together.

One thing that still unclear is how can independent installers build your brand and then have it potentially taken away in a blink of an eye.

Sounds grim to me...

I don't think it is fair to the readers of this forum to mislead them to believe that installers are having anything taken away.  Losing the right to resell bulk rolls of film is completely different.

Signing off.

Signing in as I don't think we can all agree that everyone has a different agenda.

What is comical is having the ability to mislead instead of lead your industry in the right direction.

XPEL needs to understand as small business owners we all need manufacturing and sales guidance and support but...we should not be in fear of your companies tactics.

Paranoia solved:

16158713624_d924a88a20.jpgUntitled by pjp98z, on Flickr

Original website is http://www.expeditors.com/office-locations/north-america.asp.  Drive by sometime. You just have to call in your order to XPEL HQ before you can pick up locally.  

Jeff this is your reply after discussing rumors of an installation shop being opened in California. "Paranoia solved". Looks to me and everyone else that you completely disregarded the topic and made it looks as if it weren't true... which you now admit it was true. That is directly on par with the lie you told me in the very beginning about opening shops in Austin and Houston. You said you weren't and then you did. I'm sure you would love for this thread to dies so you wouldn't have to go on lying and covering your butt. I think its already out there enough for people to see what's going on here. I have had installers in just about every market where you have opened shops up PM me stating they have LOST business from you guys opening up because you are undercutting them. I also know of Chris loosing an account you guys were supposed to help with and instead went in with another installer two days prior and helped Houston get it. I just saw your post on where you tried to reply to this statement from pages ago but to go in with Houston when you told Chris you were helping him is pretty shitty. At the time he was using XPEL EXCLUSIVELY. Once you screwed him (without letting his know you went there with Houston and didn't meet him as you said you would) he switched to Suntek and now that's all he installs.  Sorry but you guys are as shady as it gets and as the public finds out about your business practices you will start to decline. People do not like companies that are ran like yours. Its all about the stockholder and not the installers that were loyal to you. And one last thing your shops will not be around too long. Any good installer will not stick around and work at the rates you pay when they can go into business for themselves and make a hell of a lot more money.

The only misleading is coming from you.

I hate to rain on your parade Pro-Tect, but the post you mentioned/pictured was a response to someone on this forum incorrectly claiming that we had a shop in Los Angeles (see below), which was actually a third party distribution site:

Getting back on topic....

Xpel LAX

1031 East Watson Ctr Road

Carson, CA 90745

210-678-3700

As for Chris, we've been over this more than once and you've got your facts all wrong.  When Eric went up there to help Chris land an account (an account that he didn't have), he learned upon arriving that another XPEL installer (Houston, the installer) was already doing the work there.  I stand behind Eric's decision not to try to take a dealership account from another installer.  The fact that he was trying to help Chris land business at all says a lot about what we're about.

Our board members and stockholders a very aware of what is going on in the marketplace.  Our board members pretty much have to approve all major moves the company makes.  There are countless stock trading forums that will show you that investors do their due diligence researching companies that they are going to invest in.  In the case of XPEL, many of them visit shops that install XPEL film in their local market to get a better understanding about us as a company and how the marketplace works.  

What our shops charge to do full fronts is public knowledge, and it is consistently at the top of the pricing curve in the region.  In the one case that we found out out that a shop manager went outside of our pricing structure, he was corrected and told that his very job depended on doing things the XPEL way and maintaining our values of quality over price.

To be honest, this thread is kind of fun, as it's pretty much the only source of drama in my pretty normal life.  Better yet, it has given us a platform to discuss what we do for our customers. The only thing that is regrettable, is that it was time spent that every one of us could've spent better serving our customers.

What our shops charge to do full fronts is public knowledge...

Speaking of public knowledge, you might want to pass on some advice to your traveling "sales professionals" about discussing Xpel's plans in public.  They were eating at a Chic Filet and they sat right next to the sales manager of the dealership your Atlanta shop tried to steal from me( by undercutting your pricing structure by hundreds of dollars).  He heard more than enough and obviously passed that information to me.  You guys should be nicer to me from now on, I'm holding a Royal Flush. 

Archived