How many in a day

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally tell my clients that I'll take about 4 hrs. To do the car even if it is an easy one . After all Breaking a speed record with a repair come back is pointless

I have been tinting for 5 years just weekends only. I have a day time job that pays good, just need the insurance. I tint on the weekends only 1-2 cars max. I focus on quality and family time since I tint from home. I gave up a lot to make my garage into a shop as in woodworking but to make that money its worth it. You can push mad cars out just find that rythem. Remember how many times you pick up a tool is a waste the customer is paying for the film. Example your heat gun. After i print my film. I will shrink all my film on the car the place it on the glass boards. If you shrink 1 window at a time how may times are you picking up and moving that heat gun. It all adds up in the end.  Pay attention to your work flow. A tinter who showed me how to tint told me he can print, shrink and apply film in a car in 1hr. whoopty do mr. tinter.  I have a larger back log then you and I tint on weekends only. QUALITY it pays.

1 to 2 cars a day max. What's wrong with that? I want my weekends with my family since I really don't see them that much, but at the same time the money helps put food on my table and I love making something boring to looking good.  If i owned a shop and made it my real career diffrent story. I just like knowing people perfer me then a few tint shops in the area for pushing quanity over quality just to push cars out and take thier money. I seen creases left large dust clusters, burnt defrosters, air bubbles from not removing all the water and purple tint over 4 years. and paying over price rates. 225 for a 2 door scion. I love repairing bad jobs just as well. So if people are willing to wait which they are I am in a good shape. oh also I am rehabing my home with 1 child and a 7 week old and my wife works. this is my justification to doing a small amount in a day. So something is better than nothing....

1 to 2 cars a day max. What's wrong with that? I want my weekends with my family since I really don't see them that much, but at the same time the money helps put food on my table and I love making something boring to looking good.  If i owned a shop and made it my real career diffrent story. I just like knowing people perfer me then a few tint shops in the area for pushing quanity over quality just to push cars out and take thier money. I seen creases left large dust clusters, burnt defrosters, air bubbles from not removing all the water and purple tint over 4 years. and paying over price rates. 225 for a 2 door scion. I love repairing bad jobs just as well. So if people are willing to wait which they are I am in a good shape. oh also I am rehabing my home with 1 child and a 7 week old and my wife works. this is my justification to doing a small amount in a day. So something is better than nothing....

Apparently you missed my point...    In that if you are putting out quality work for that many years it would be disappointing if you DIDNT have a big back log.. Not saying you are slow just saying that there are that many customers out and about looking for quality work and its impossible to keep up with demand at that pace.

Also.... Before you start bashing local shops keep in mind that the overhead you have is VERY VERY tiny compared to that of a shop.  Their prices may seem out of line when you are not paying for a separate building, self employment taxes, multiple insurances, lights, heat, etc....   I assure you when you factor all of that in there is nothing out of line there....    Now the job quality there is no excuse for letting junk workmanship go.. but at the end of the day they need to charge enough to cover their expenses and turn a profit.

Archived